6th Gen Gutted exhaust, possibly for sale

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by funnybusiness, Apr 3, 2011.

1. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

Hi Guys
    I picked up an extra exhaust with my vfr when i bought it. I just recently gutted the one and now have and extra ungutted pipe. My question was would anyone be interested in a gutted or an extra stock pipe for their vfr. I have pictures of the pipe that I gutted, and would be willing to gut the one I have now if anyone is interested in it. I have some before and after videos online if your interested.

2. WingZer0

WingZer0 New Member

Sounds tempting....how much do you want to sell? FYI I'm in Singapore....so the shipping price will be very interesting :)

Do PM.

3. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

Snent a pm

4. demer455

demer455 New Member

i want to try that

sounds pretty cool. hopefully your a phillies fan too. how much do you want for the spare?

5. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

Hahah im not really a fan of anyone, im not a big fan of baseball. I was going to say $100 for the exhaust non gutted, and $120 for it gutted. I paid $100 for it and it cost me $20 to get it welded after I modify it.

Here is a link to my image site, it has some pics and before and after video's. I personally love the sound of my bike now with it gutted. The nice thing about it is that it can be quiet enough no to annoy the neighbors too much, and loud enough to make the Harley guys look twice.

Exhaust Modification pictures by funnybusiness87 - Photobucket

6. WingZer0

WingZer0 New Member

If not for the shipping price I would have grabbed it....anyway good luck in ur sales :thumb:

7. hootiehoo

hootiehoo New Member

United States
    Map
    do you have to use a power commander if you gut the exhaust?

8. hootiehoo

hootiehoo New Member

United States
    Map
    The reason I ask is I have been told that it will burn out my top-end (valves and and seats).
    P.S. The bike has more pull for sure, Ive noticed the front wheel come off the ground in the begging of 2nd gear like never before
    The sound is awesome! It is not a homemade sounding exhaust and it is not as loud as you would think. It has a growl now:redface:

9. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

I did not need to use a power commander when I modded mine, and you shouldn't have to worry about valves. Because the catalytic converter creates enough back pressure. I love the sound that my VFR makes now, for the 120.00 I spent on it was well worth it. The only difference I have noticed and it was very small was that I think I lost some bottom end. However it is so small of a difference I could just be imagining it, I am sure if you put a power commander on it be much better. I will most likely be doing that in the future, but I just want to ride it this season before I can justify the cost. Although I think I am going to order a +2 rear sprocket, cause they are relatively cheap and I would love a little more torque.

10. demer455

demer455 New Member

i want it

i want to buy it from you, gutted. how can we arrange a way for me to pick it up. possibly this week. thanks tim.

send your info in a pm.

11. funnybusiness

funnybusiness New Member

Sold to Demer455, Tim I hope you get that welded soon so you can hear what your bike is supposed to sound like. You may have to adjust the bracket where the cap cover goes one to make it look just right. Also when you take off your stock exhaust there is rubber grommets where the stainless covers go onto the exhaust, mine didnt come with them so i had to use the ones from my stock exhaust. I did a worse job on mine so yours will sound great, let me know how it turns out. If you have any questions give me a call or text, to bad you live kinda far I would like to go for a ride with another VFR rider. I only know of one other one in my area, and I am pretty sure he is selling his.