Sticky Suggestion: How To's

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by metallyguitarded, Aug 23, 2011.

1. hamiltonfighter

hamiltonfighter New Member

United States
  2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

This is a great idea but what happens if the How to Archive starts getting loaded up with how to's for fixing Harleys? I am afraid that might fry the server or even the entire net.

3. friedleyjr

friedleyjr New Member

Man if you are trying to fix a Harley just look up how to fix a 1967 Briggs and Stratton. There you have it.... Ancient tech at its best...

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Ok, if you build it, I'll stick it. It needs to thought out and organized, though. Should there be one in each generation, should there be one for all? etc.

5. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

So I just took a look at the watercraft forum that I am a member of "greenhulk.net" I haven't been active on there for quite a while since I quit modifying my 05 Seedoo rxp (get tossed at 70 plus a couple of times and figure it's fast enough,,,,,,and call me lucky") any way that forum is huge. The stickies are devided by manufacturer, Ie, seafood, Kawasaki, Yamaha etc. they don't seem to bother breaking them down by model within the various brands. The sticky is just titled "projects & frequently asked questions" maybe the mods could take a look and see if this is a huge project. It seems like it would make accessing this kind of information a lot easier than searching the whole forum.
    And now, time for a tasty IPA!
    John

6. Badbilly

United States
    Is the generation thing good for an across the board solution to a problem, a fix or some other issue? The 90-93 VFRFs share the same factory manual but are they really all the same and does this carry over to other "generations" ? Probably minor stuff but one incorrect wire connection could really mess up something. There IMO be some constraints on aftermarket stuff and farkles or there is potential to get off to a whole shitload of subjectivity. Another consideration might be to keep in mind that there are various levels of skills here too.

I read a biography of Mike Hailwood and even though his father was a dealer he didn't know or possibly care about wrenching on bikes but he sure could ride..

A good example was the site on the Ford Focus. My cage is an Explorer (exploder) and there is an almost mirror site on that that works well.

7. Badbilly

United States
    Solid info..I may end up thinkin this dude ain't half bad after all..;)