1984 Interceptor 500

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by 84Interceptor5, Feb 21, 2017.

1. 84Interceptor5

84Interceptor5 New Member

Hi, currently have a 1984 interceptor 500 that runs great. The problem is that the fuel pump stopped working, I have searched high and low for a pump but they are no where to be found due to the fact that they have been discontinued. Any suggestions on a universal pump? thanks

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Have you considered removing the pump altogether and converting to gravity fed?

Also how do you know the fuel pump is bad? Did you bypass the relay to test it ?

3. 84Interceptor5

I have considered converting to gravity feed, seems like that's the way to go from reading up on it. Just unsure exactly how to go about it and confused on why their was a pump in the first place if gravity seems to work better and yeah bypassed the relay already

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Better to find another matching pump from a salvage yard, something common to dozens of models of various brand 'cycles over many years. Just about every over-500cc Honda model between 1975-1997 used the same pump or one easily modified to work on your bike. Yamaha and Kawi too. :sneakiness:

I'd stay away from any generic Autoparts store pumps if possible :disturbed:

5. 84Interceptor5

Okay, Thanks!