07 Ducati 1098

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by RVFR, Dec 2, 2006.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    RW. Make sure you Check out Seattle Ducati too.

2. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    More pics....

Attached Files:

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Shiet thats even the "S" model. Cool thanks for the photos. Wonder if those red stripe wheels are a S model thing? hmm makes it look chezzy if ya ask me, still wouldn't kick it. Bring on the Tri color. You guys hear the other color option are Yellow for the standard 1098 and Black with a red frame for the "S" model wooo hoooo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  4. grinder

grinder New Member

Damn that is a sweet looking bike. My back would never survive but.....

5. douglasthecook

United States
    Map
    Holly Crap!!!!! It looks gorgeous in black!!!!!!!! That is one sexy machine!!!!!!!!

6. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    The wife just pretty much finalizes our vacation route, it will be flying in to Milano, renting a Audi TT and driving to Florence for a couple of days, and then driving up the Italian/French Riviera to the Provence region, be in that area for about four days and then driving up through Lyon and Dijon to Paris for about four days. I've googled Trier and it's about 421 Km from Paris, I doubt that we could work Germany in that amount of time but thanks for the offer, My obsession is Motorcycles, hers is European vacations, but for some reason Germany is not one of her favorite places.

The 1098 is so hot right now in the States I think it will be almost impossible to test ride one because I don't think you'll hardly ever see one hit the floor, must of them are already sold by the time they hit the dealerships. Test riding one would be awesome, and I'll attempt to test one while I'm in Italy, no matter what kind of story I have to come up with. RVFR has a HUGE advantage on the rest of us when it comes to testing out bikes because he is quite well known here in the PNW because of his riding abilities, personality and just being an all around good guy, so when he wants to test any bike, all he has to do is ask someone who just got the newest and greatest toy.

P.S. That last paragraph Jay will be your first and only complement you'll ever get from me :lol:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  7. Rev

Rev New Member

Yea, was gonna say Where'd my hip-waders go? :tongue:

8. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map

Yea you're right, don't want to swell his head up more than it already is. Can you imagine if I posted that paragraph on PNWriders? It would be open season...

9. Rev

Rev New Member

Holy crap, that'd be funny as hell

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I was browsing through this thread again and persusing the pictures again and showing my wife the pics again.... she loves the black one by the way. anyway, she told 'just go buy it honey'. I reallllllllllly am lusting over this bike too much. I think I may need some kind of intervention. As I said before, I have never had a streetbike with a payment, but I could make an exception for this bike... man it's killing me. maybe they'll all be sold and the decision will be made for me...

11. TheMadChef

TheMadChef New Member

United States
    Map
    now somebody said that they would trade their vfr for the new ducati 1098. Which would you rather pay 14,500 for the ducati oar a RC 30 or RC 45

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    the duc, hands down. I really like that bike. it's great technology, great looking, and probably the best deal ducati has ever offerred on a bike...

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Well Now, love the rc45 for what it was/is. thing is time has left it behind a bit .Bring on a new RC 45 at $15K with all the basic parts that todays super bike has and I'd have one. But man that 1098 oooeeee unless it's a huge disapointment in the way she feels going down the road, My sites are set... Good god Reg go put your deposit on one, :) O baby if my wife gave me the green light it would be a done deal, test ride ride or not, my case needs to look like I'm makinmg sure i'm going the distance, no doubt a smart move as I was all over heads and heals on the new RSVR too, but after the ride, they can keep it..Talk about bitch slapping thy self. Ha ha. I believe as of last weekend there's still like 6 left up here in Seattle, be a great ride home too.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  14. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I know I know. It's just so much money to me. It's a beauty and everything, but I could put a few bucks in the VFR and she still has more than the you need on the street. If I bought that duc, I'd be afraid to scratch her. I couldn't really ride her like I do the VFR out of fear of scratches. I did think about a few changes I'd like to do to my VFR to make it look a little like the old 916. I was thinking undertail pipe and gold rims would be a nice touch... I saw pics of someone elses VFR like that, and it looked as good as I was thinking. We did call down to Pro-Italia yesterday to go look at the 1098 but they weren't open. The wife is working today so I'll prob just check all my fluids/pressures/tensions etc and go for a ride if the rain slows down a bit. The roads'll be wet so it's good experience on controlling slides. :)

15. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Funny you brought that up as I too have thought what the. I'll be affraid to run it, then re think what the again, as I take very good care of what I have now so really shouldn't be different, other than NO gravel roads for sure and only sunny dry ones to boot. Did I mention I'll be hiring a guard to watch over her. LOL.

16. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Dont worry Reg - I'm sure Ducati's goal is to produce enuff for all public consumtion. So if you dont get one this year - some will be available later.
    I have read that Ducati really want to push up the number of bikes sold in the US.

MD

17. douglasthecook

United States
    Map
    Ok, as much as I'd love to have an RC-45(I'd pick that over the RC-30), I'd still take a 1098S in black over both. The reason(s) you might ask? First the RC is getting more exclusive(read expensive) to keep up. The parts pool isn't really as abundant anymore I'm guessing. The Ducati will have a good parts pool, plus an excellent aftermarket supply as well. It will come with a factory warranty, which I suppose you could even extend. It's new so you know it's exact history, not guessing/being told that it was thrashed, not thrashed, dropped, wrecked, etc. Plus that new bike smell!!!!!! I think that's it for now. I might come up with some more reasons later, or not....

18. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    I'm lusting for that Duc too, but I want to see what Honda is going to do with the new motoGP 800 bike - maybe even build a 800 V4 replica for '09.

19. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

that's a good point. maybe I can use that as an excuse to wait, also. you know I was thinking earlier today about the discussions we have had over the future of the VFR and it brought me back to the days when I had an Amiga computer. It was far superior in the late 80s when it came out, but over the years the others caught up and had much much beter marketing than Commodore and the next thing you know we were all orphanned. I'd hate to go through that again...

20. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map