09 Vfr

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, Jul 6, 2008.

1. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Interesting reading if true, appologies to KC-10 FE from the looks of it MCN are suggesting the VFR1000GT will become a FJR / C13 competitor, does that mean that the GT version will also replace Hondas Pan/13ST ?

No RR Ver but from the looks Id put money down on the suggested specs of the VFR1000F but I am also sure the pillion seat and tail section will be different from the one illustrated.

2. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    Batboy lives and the fish bite.5 cylinders and 4 were so bashed?Maybe 3 years for the gen 7.The vfr is unique and not a top sell item.I would love to see the a 7 in 09.Is the world ready,Is Honda ready in this crazy time?I love my vfr

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
  4. cthenomad

cthenomad New Member

The Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I bought a Honda and just by happy happenstance bought my VFR. The thing that pushed me over the edge of indecision was the clock built into the cluster. I figure that whoever is smart enough to put a clock on a motorcycle will probably be make the rest of the bike "perfect" as well.

And there in lies the question.

What makes a perfect bike? Some guys are riding moto guzis and love them. Some people love the plain uninteresting bmws and say that it is the bike of all bikes.

What will make my 08 VFR better? For me, the answer is nothing. It is a perfect bike. I have Vtec, I have mostly perfect riding position, I have enough power to get me into serious trouble, I have hard Bags to keep my stuff dry in the wet, and I have a cool non-denominational Gray colour which makes me stand out by not standing out.

I don't feel the need to flash, wheelie or gloat over other peoples bikes (even if they are junkers.) I have what I have and love what I have and can't imagine a better bike than my 08 VFR.

An 09 something - something might be cool, but I'll ride my 08 till I wear it out, crash it or get to Old to find it comfortable anymore. It's my perfect bike.

C

5. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    So would a 7th Gen bike be lucky?

Interesting in the MCN article that they'd offer a "F" and "GT" version. Anyone have any good lines for momma as to why it is reasonable to have multiple motorcycles in the garage?

6. cthenomad

cthenomad New Member

One is for Church and the other is for everyday use.

7. marc28ni

marc28ni New Member

I hate honda lol for the past 6 years ive had 6 of them. needles to say I was single. After buying a new 08 vfr abs witch my new wife said to me then thats it till we get a house. Now they bring the new 09 bike out and after gettin my hands on the mcn papper tonight and saying dam im goin to have to change my bike again, WELL THAT JUST WENT DOWN LIKE A FART IN A SPACE SUIT LOL

SO GUYS AND GIRLS (have to be politically correct lol)

1. DUMP THE BITCH, GET THE NEW VFR AND BE A HAPPY SINGLE GUY WITH A KICK ASS BIKE?

OR

2. LIVE WITH THE VFR AND SEE WHAT EARLY PROBLEMS THE NEW V5 VFR 1000 COME UP WITH.

OR OR OR

3. GET THE NEW BIKE AND JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE NEW WIFE.....
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD

8. Gui4J

Gui4J New Member

option 3 at least you have the bike not matter what , you can always find another chick !!:smile:

9. winaje

winaje New Member

Option 3 reminds me of a fake ad I saw for a bike. Reason for sale: "Do whatever the F**K you want" evidently doesn't mean what I think it means...!

When I met my now wife, I was bikeless, but told her that I would be getting another bike, and if she couldn't handle it then bye bye. Seems to me that you have agreed to the terms by getting married.

Stick with the 6th Gen until you have bought the house, then buy a low mileage 7th Gen with all the fruit.

10. John451

John451 Member

Australia
  11. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
  12. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    To Funny, but not surprising, went to the local Honda dealer and mentioned this, they haven't a clue. Thou they did agree with the 60th birthday being a great time to drop the bomb if it where to be. That and there is a pre release info meeting for the dealers Sept 8th via the inter-net. He also said they are more in the dark than us. And there is a big difference in what the US sees and hears vs the European countries. No Doh!