Bike for Sale 1986 Honda VFR Interceptor - $3000

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Kenneth Miles, May 14, 2018 at 6:15 AM.

1. Kenneth Miles

Kenneth Miles New Member

United States
    After 19 years of ownership I have decided to put my 1986 VFR up for sale. It has ~24,000 miles on it (20K of it I put on personally). Was very reliable summer transportation for quite a few years, but life goes on and it is time for it to bring enjoyment to someone else. Motorcycle is located in Southern New Hampshire.

Just put a new battery in it when I pulled it out for the season. Did notice that one of the carbs started to leak when I started it up for the season. Last did the seals in them about 10 years ago. It has a Yoshimura 4-1. Will also include the original exhaust. They have a few minor scuffs, but would rate them 7 out of 10. I have never had them installed as the 4-1 was installed when I bought it.

The chain also shows some surface rust/discoloration (did not ride it at all in 2017 due to unrelated car accident). I have put some lube on it, but might need replaced as well.

Replaced the the lower right side panel 7-8 years ago when the shop it was at dropped it on its side and cracked the lower panel. Will include the original if someone wants to do some minor repair on it. They also lost the chain guard, so I have been running without one. They are pretty easy to pick up.

The lights have been changed out to smaller units as the originals were starting to flap around as the rubber degraded.

Has the original seat with no cuts/cracks. There is some slight rubbing/wearing where the rear seat cover (hardly ever removed) sits.

[​IMG]IMG_0912 by Kenneth Miles, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0911 by Kenneth Miles, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0910 by Kenneth Miles, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0909 by Kenneth Miles, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0907 by Kenneth Miles, on Flickr

Asking for $3000. Pricing seems to be all over on these, so send me an offer if you have another opinion on what it is worth. kmiles79atgmail.com Willing to send more detailed photos for serious inquiries.

2. finemedic

finemedic New Member

United States
    Map
  3. Kenneth Miles

Kenneth Miles New Member

United States
  4. cbx1260cc

cbx1260cc New Member

United States
    Map