1999 where's the MAP hose plug to!?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by centuryscott, Apr 23, 2018.

1. centuryscott

centuryscott New Member

Canada
    So I just finished putting my throttle bodies back on after repairing eaten wires between the cylinder V. Damn rats! I thought I'd labeled everything, hoses and wires but it appears that what I believe to be the map sensor hose has no tag, and I can't find its home for the life of me. Where the hell does it go? I hope I don't have to pull the whole airbox and TB's off again!
    Just to be clear as to what sensor it is, it is the one on the lower right hand side of the bottom half of the airbox with a 3 prong plug on it and a vacuum line that's about 6 or 7 in Long.
    Hey, anything worth doing once is worth doing twice right?
    Someone send me in the right direction!
    Much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Hey centuryscott, welcome to the best forum for our beloved VFR's.

I've been searching the Service Manual, and I think that your answer can be found on page 5-71. It looks like that vacuum hose is connected to all four throttles via a few "T" connectors,.......(here's the bad news) below the Throttle body assembly.
    Hopefully another member will have better, more detailed information for you.

I could not remember having difficulty finding where that hose went, because I think that I disconnected it at the sensor, and left it connected to the throttle body (not that that can help you at this point).