2001 VFR800 Exhaust Question.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Wzaza, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Wzaza

Wzaza New Member

Australia
    Hi all,

I recently acquired a 5th gen VFR in a swap for my old DR650 and am absolutely loving it so far, with my only complaint being that the stock exhaust sounds a little "tame". Now I have done all the googling I can and it seems nigh impossible to find slip-on exhausts for this model new (Besides Delkevic) (Ideally after either Leo Vince or Akrapovic).

So my question(s) are
    1. is there another newer model of bike that's aftermarket slip-on would work for my VFR?
    or
    2. is there somewhere that I can still find new slip-ons for a bike this old?
    and
    3. if these two pursuits are fruitless endeavors what would be the best slip on to go for to allow the V4 to really sing?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated

2. mhzpower

mhzpower New Member

Brunei Darussalam
    Map
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a 2001 that has a cracked carbon fiber exhaust that I would like to replace.

I'd like to find something that is close to stock.

What slip on have other people installed?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    I think you will find anything that fits the newer 8th gen, will also fit the 5th gen.
    There is also many after market pipes still available for the 5th, or easy enough to find a second hand one on Fleabay.
    I'm biased, but you can't beat a Staintune for sound, quality and longevity.