2014 engine - engineering revisions

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by notinline, Dec 2, 2017.

1. notinline

notinline New Member

United States
    Map
    I knew the 8th gen engine has 9 degree's more overlap from the intake cam revision and i speculate the reason for the piston change was probably to deepen the intake valve pocket for clearance around tdc being the cam is advanced 3 degree's vs previous gen's since the piston has long relative dwell time. A longer v-stack set is used for the low-mid range however looking deeper into it, the engine cases, both cylinder heads,crankshaft,flywheel,stator,both transmission main and countershaft's among other internal parts are all new. No more charging system problems most likely but the other changes makes me wonder what could be in store for the future.

I would like to know if either the crankshaft or flywheel is lighter than previous generations and if the engine case change is to allow more clearance for possible additional stroke in the future. . The 2016 or 2017 euro version has airbox and muffler change. Myself, i don't think Honda is finished developing this 90 degree V-4. I hope not anyway. :D

Thumbs and Bubba Utah like this.
  2. notinline

notinline New Member

United States
    Map
    This is of interest to me . The Air Duct Cap # 24 is given a part number on the 2017 European VFR800 . 17236-MGC-D30
    The #8 Control Valve Diaphragm is no longer listed. EuroIV noise regulations and flapper closed or is the flapper now left open or just gone altogether? I'm not interested in ordering but the site says contact us on ordering the airbox top. I would like to see a photo of the 2017 airbox/flapper.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-97910-97910-VFR800FH-2017-F_25-VFR+800+F.html