2014 VFRworld Calendar - Available Now!

Discussion in 'VFRworld News' started by michael, Dec 16, 2013.

1. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    We are very pleased to unveil the 2014 VFRworld Calendar, created by you, the VFRworld community! This year holds the record for most photos ever submitted, well over 100. I think my fellow admins will agree that it also holds the record for the most difficult decisions we've ever had to make. There were SO many outstanding shots this year that it was incredibly difficult to narrow it down to just 13 for the calendar.
    We started creating the VFRworld calendar in 2008, so this will be our 7th consecutive year creating a work of art.

For everyone who submitted entries this year, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to give back to VFRworld. Without your photos, the calendar wouldn't exist. For those of you whose photo were selected for the 2014 calendar, congratulations!

As always, you can pick up the full calendar with 12 months of stunning VFRs to keep you smiling for the whole year. You can also pick up a "year at a glance" calendar for each photo if you have a favorite. If you order one of these, be sure to select the year 2014 when ordering, as Cafepress (for some silly reason) allows you to choose other years.

Remember, the small proceeds from each calendar sale go a long way toward the annual costs of keeping VFRworld up and running, including web hosting fees, software licenses, and domain registration. Not only are you buying a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that you won't find anywhere else in the world, you're also helping to support the site you love!

As always, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support of VFRworld. Every time you post in the forums, you help our community grow. Many lifelong friendships have formed on this site, and for many of us, it has become an important part of our lives.

And without further ado, the 2014 VFRworld Calendar... http://www.lulu.com/shop/my-calendar/calendar/product-21361626.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Nice, will order mine today.

3. nih

nih New Member

Map
    Boobies. Are there pictures of bikes?

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Ordered times 2. Again Michael, a huge thank you to you, Reg, and Stuke, and anyone else involved in the creating of this that I missed.

5. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

There is one there with some cleavage!

6. Bigborewhore

Bigborewhore New Member

Sweet, I'll be buying a couple.

7. Sentry

Sentry New Member

Australia
    2 ordered this year. Thanks to all those involved in making this available and possible!

8. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Having a tough time choosing. Great photos.

9. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    You get all thirteen photos with the wall calendar. Only way you need to decide on a photo, is if you order the poster year calendar. I go both. You will never guess which photo I chose for the year poster.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

United States
    Map
    Some really great shots this year.
    It must be tough to select only thirteen from such a good collection.
    I went to order mine but there's only three shown for "the year at a glance". How do you order the other ones?

11. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'm afraid we had a bit of a snafu with the calendars. The printing company we have been using for 8 years, for everything from the calendar to the tshirts to the coffee mugs, is called CafePress. This year, CafePress has decided that our product showing motorcycles is considered copyright infringement, despite the fact that there is no mention of Honda or similar images. Therefore, we had no choice but to find an alternative printing company for our calendars this year. The good news is that the new calendar is ready to purchase, at the same quality and the same price. Unfortunately, this new company does NOT offer the "year at a glance" calendars, which is truly a shame because I know many of you appreciate those.

For those of you who have already placed an order with CafePress, if your order has already shipped, then you're in the clear. However, if you placed your order recently, there is a possibility that CafePress will cancel your order and refund your money.

My apologies for this inconvenience, and rest assured that we'll be searching for a permanent alternative printing company going forward. Here is the new link to the calendar:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/my-calendar/calendar/product-21361626.html

12. Sentry

Sentry New Member

Australia
    For what it's worth, I ordered my calendars on the 17th December and they were marked as shipped on the 21st December. I would expect orders before the 17th to be delivered if this was the case

13. nih

nih New Member

Map
    Order Status: Production
    Last Updated: 12/16/2013 2:18:14 PM

should i be calling cafepress to get my money back? how are pics of bikes we own copyright problems, you tell those cafepress mofo's that 6th gen militia doesn't play that?

14. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    sssssshhhhhhh!

15. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Nice Photos! That one for February is Great!!! I guess I better buy one! Fall colors in February might have fit better in October. Seeing my bike on a calendar in my birthday month is still pretty cool! So I better quit my bitchin!!!

16. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Well. I ordered two calendars. The wall calendar and the poster calendar. They were supposed to arrive here on December 27 but they arrived today. I can understand that the weather has played a role in some delay but a two week delay is a little long I think. But they arrived.

Problem is. They charges me for and said they sent the two different calendars. I understand there was an issue with Cafepress with one of them but they did charge me and said they sent them so I thought mine went through. Well it did not. I received two poster calendars. But was charged for 1 12 month wall calendar that more that three times the coast of the poster style.

I have sent them a message asking for and explanation and or a refund of the cost of that 12 month wall calendar. So stay tuned. Up to now, I had been OK with Cafepress, but their position on that copyright stuff, now this, well this appears to be a slippery slope for them in my books.

17. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey Randy

This year I ordered two calendars and they were supposed to arrive just before Christmas. I phoned and asked where they were last week. They apologized profusely for the fact the order had been lost and then they said they would send out a replacement order for the ones that are lost. Well, I received the original order yesterday, and I got the second order TODAY. I now have 4 calendars. :). One each now I guess for Home, Office, Parents, and my 100 year old grandmother wanted one (go figure). For some reason she REALLY loves the picture of the white bike with the Canadian flag symbolism thing on the side. LOL

18. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Is your grand father still around? If not, tell gramma you know the owner of that bike and he is about the same age as she. Maybe we can do lunch!

19. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    No unfortunately my grandmother that is still with us (my moms mother) is the only grandparent still alive. Lost my grandfather (my moms dad) when I was 14. He passed away from complications due to being exposed to radiation when he was in the army. My dad's parents passed a fair while ago as well.

My my grandfather told my grandma that she was supposed to live to be at least 100 so that the government would have to pay her pension beyond age 99. He figured the money he paid in to his army pension would be gone by then and she would be living on the governments nickel any time past that. She still has all her mental faculties and still lives on her own. Her memory is soooo good that she can remember, with perfect clarity, holidays that she went on with my mom when she was just a little girl. I can only hope that my memory stays with me as long as hers has. Physically she is certainly slowing down a lot and more noticeably in the last few months. She said she would go for a ride with me on my bike if she lived to be 100 and by god, I'm going to hold her to it. LOL.

Great Granny Vi (her name is Viola) as she is affectionately known to us (my kids call her Boom Boom as Liam started calling her that when he was 21 months old and the name stuck, and she loves it) is familiar with you Randy and she possesses one of your famed VFR patches and would love to meet you I'm sure.

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Great story Zoom zoom, tell grandma Jackie say :wave:
    Will send her my bike picture and my Crest :wink: