85 Vf500f Mods

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Greenirishman, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Greenirishman

Greenirishman New Member

I am looking to modify my Vf500f to look more sporty and possibly increase some of its performance. Can some of you guys give me some good as what to modify or point me in the right direction. i looked online but couldnt really find anything. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advanced.

2. JamieDaugherty

JamieDaugherty New Member

United States
    Map
    You might want to be a little more specific when you say "increase some of it's performance". There are things you can do (see my site) but it would be best to know what you are after so we can make suggestions.

3. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
  4. Greenirishman

Greenirishman New Member

Well a few things i am looking into doing first is redoing the tail. I want to make the tail look more modern by pulling in the blinkers and and possibly narrowing out the tail itself a bit. So i pretty much want to redo the tail to make it look newer, sleeker, and just different and I want to also apply that to the rest of the bikes fairing if i can. BTW i was wondering if there was any side fairing available to cover part of the engine like you see in vf1000 except for a vf500.

As far as performance I am not quite sure what to do. i am a little bit new to this kind of stuff and I pretty much just want to start with the basics of increasing performance and then move on up.I mainly want to add things or change things that will prolong its life and help it perform better. I know im being broad im sorry bout that but I really am new to this kinda thing.

And matt I AM looking to do things to my bike like you did but I dont wanna get a single seat. but I definately want do stuff like what you have and you said you put a different wheel on it...is that better than the stock one?

5. JamieDaugherty

JamieDaugherty New Member

United States
    Map

I'd suggest working on the suspension. The 500's certainly need more power but to get it would be really expensive and the results really don't justify it. Replacing the rear shock and upgrading the valving in the forks plus changing the wheels is a really good way to go. Just ask Matt!

6. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map

yes suspension is the way to go no doubt about it, changing the gearing will also help out as well, my bike is'nt fast but with the cbr wheel & rear shock i can get on the throttle much quicker and exit the corner faster, look in to doing that first. is the bike running at this moment?

7. Greenirishman

Greenirishman New Member

yes the bike is running great at the moment. I have completely restored it. I definately am interested in replaceing the suspension and maybe later on the rear wheel . How would i go about doing that?

8. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map