8th Gen Aftrmarket Mirror options?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by GbbAus, Nov 1, 2017.

1. GbbAus

GbbAus New Member

Australia
    Hi Guys

Has anyone found a fully adjustable mirror (with integrated indicator) compatible with the VFR800 (2014-onwards -- I have a 2017)

For me the stock mirrors stick out too much when lane filtering (on my way to work in morning traffic) and the stock mirrors only "lock" fully open, or when you rotate then inwards the actual mirror cant be adjusted enough within the housing to allow you to see behind you -- the glass section has very minimal adjustment. (besides the fact the mirror arms only have a 2nd proper lock position in the fully closed position aswell)

I was looking at making a plan/mod to install these ones [below],but have two questions .....

q1: Does anyone know if there is a better aftermarket alternate out there ?

q2: Is the wiring on the stock mirror/indicator just two wires (or is there something special at play to get the 'auto-cancelling turn signal' feature to work (feature on the 2017 model I have). Ive seen an OEM/stock picture and I think it showed 3 wires, so not sure what the 3rd wire is for ?

Here are the best after market alternate I have found online so far:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Rearvi...ash=item3d3f72a960:g:fcsAAOSwbopZUcOq&vxp=mtr
    mirror-adjust2.png

Lint likes this.
  2. Ridem32

Ridem32 New Member

United States
    3 wires. One for running lights One for blinker One for ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetePower, Lint and GbbAus like this.
  3. GbbAus

GbbAus New Member

Australia
    Got the mirrors. Had to create an aluminium adapter plate, just to find there is not enough adjustment / swivel in the head of the mirror to make them useful for the purpose of 'narrower' mirrors - they end up sticking out the same amount as the stock ones.

I've got other mirrors on order. If they turn out to look good and do what I want, I'll post.