'93 float height?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by TheRadBaron, Sep 7, 2017.

1. TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron New Member

United States
    Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I'm new to VFRs but not to motorcycle riding or wrenching. I've admired the VFR Interceptor bikes for a long time and I just picked up my first one. It's a '93.
    It's cosmetically a little rough and it was pouring gas from the carbs when I got it, but it seems to be mechanically excellent. I got it for a song and it even has a 2 Brothers exhaust which I understand is pretty rare at this point.
    Anyway, I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs now. The leak was caused by cracked and dry 0-rings in the fuel delivery tubes that go between the carbs so that's an easy fix. The rest of the carbs look great but I'm changing out the other assorted o-rings while I'm in there. I'm ready to put everything together and put them back on the bike but I can't find the float height spec anywhere. I searched high and low with no luck. I have a shop manual on the way but it won't get here for a few more days and I'm eager to get the carbs on and take it for a spin. Right now one of the floats is at 8mm and the other three are at 7mm. The carbs have been off the bike before and the mains changed (I assume to jet for the aftermarket exhaust). The work looks decent so I'm guessing the previous mechanic was competent enough.
    Anyone here have a manual that gives the float height spec for a '93? Thanks a lot.
    IMG_4209.JPG

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    floats are non-adjustable, just like gen4

3. TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron New Member

United States
    What makes you say that? I just adjusted the floats on my '93 and they were plenty adjustable. They have the bendable metal tab that contacts the needle.
    My shop manual finally showed up and the float height is given as 9mm. All of my floats were around 7 or 8mm so I bent the tabs to bring the level up to 9mm. The bike seems to run great so far but I've only ridden it for about 15 miles.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    very sorry for the misinformation. gen4 is not adjustable, so sue me. :Director: