94 VFR Rad fan fuse location? Rad fan stopped working

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by NateV8, Jun 12, 2018.

1. NateV8

NateV8 New Member

Canada
    My rad fan quit working on sunday and of course right when I was in stopped traffic for an hour. I heard the fan go on and off a few times and then after a while I noticed my heat creeping and didn't hear the fan. Had to pull over every 10 min until I got home.

This happened last year and found it was a bit of corrosion on the plug so I cleaned it up wth MAF cleaner and used dialectic grease and it worked. I'm thinking the fuse probably died this time because of the heavy use for an hour on sunday. It is 24 years old!

Where is the fuse located and which fuse is it? I'll check the plug again too, hopefully it's one of those.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    fuses on gen4 bikes are located just in front of and to the side of the rh fork lower triple clamp. remove one screw holding the cover cover, then undo a snap on the labeled cover front edge. pull forward and up.

you don't have an owners manual or FSM ?? :eek:

3. NateV8

NateV8 New Member

Canada
    I went through the owners manual PDF and RC36 FSM PDF and nothing on the fuse box other than where it is which is kind of hard to miss lol. I'm used to vehicles that have a page with the fuses labeled though. I know I can just pull each fuse and check but you think they would label them in the manual.

I also wanted to confirm that the rad fan fuse is in the fuse box given the vagueness of the manual on the fuse box lol

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    the box cover the on my bike has all fuses labeled . on the small cover underside.