'96 VFR750 leaking fuel during winter storage

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Joshji, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Joshji

Joshji New Member

United States
    Anyone else ever had a problem with this? In the past it's never leaked a drop of anything, granted I've only owned it for about a year, but after storing it and the temp dropping below 15 degrees it developed a small leak from somewhere along the fuel lines on the left side above the passenger pegs. After it warmed up a bit I took the fairing off and couldn't see any cracking or signs of a leak. Topped it off with a quarter gallon and it started right up and ran just fine with no leaking. Put the fairing back on and now about a week later when it got cooler it's leaking again.

2. algarbrem

algarbrem New Member

United Kingdom
    I have only recently purchased mine, but it had also been in storage and had sprung a leak so I thought I would chime in. I found that the fuel pump seals had gone requiring a replacement pump, as it had gone rusty throughout and was leaking fuel where you mentioned, and in addition to this after I had rebuilt the carbs with the help of guides on this site, the bowl seals leaked when filled for the first time, but were later fine once they had some fuel in them. Mine is a 95 4th gen. HTH

3. Joshji

Joshji New Member

United States
    Mine wasn't leaking at all. I put 3000 miles on it. It only leaks when its below 15 degrees. But it's too cold to take the fairing off and isolate it