Wanted Accessories for 1996 4th gen

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by thewedge, Dec 26, 2017.

1. thewedge

thewedge New Member

United States
    I bought an fantastic condition 1996 VFR and looking for accessories for it. If you have any for this year youre interested in selling, hit me up.

1. Side cases - Preferably GIVI or the like
    2. Helibars
    3. ??

*I don't need exhaust...have a two brothers and a hindle for it.

Joby

2. vfr brian

vfr brian New Member

United States
    Map
    I just sent you the heli-bars, you should look for a corbin seat and the stock RED rear turn signals from a '90-'93- they really clean up the look of the tail. also, i would suggest installing a volt gauge as these bikes are well known for voltage regulator failures and carry a spare! (see the picture of mine installed in the eBay picture) Usually, when they fail, they stop charging, but I had one fail the other way and it cooked the headlight, battery, and the computer! with the gauge, you can catch the failure BEFORE a breakdown. these gauges are under $5.00 on eBay, I wired mine into the headlight fuse.

3. thewedge

thewedge New Member

United States
    On the colt gauge already....waiting for one to arrive in the mail anyday. I replaced the rectifier as well with one from Ebay...Ken's or something. I'm looking for a seat (mine has a small tear) but can't bring myself to dole out the money for a corbin or competitor to them. I may just buy a seat cover and re-do it. I have a new shock coming (Jamie is building me a 929 that'll fit my weight) and planning on a fork upgrade (valves/springs) next.

4. vfr brian

vfr brian New Member

United States
    Map
    I have a progressive rear shock in mine, and I like it better than stock. I would suggest leaving the forks alone, if you want sportier, just up the oil viscosity by 5w, and add another 10 cc's to each leg. The seat, heli-bars, and aftermarket slip on muffler are a MUST... everything else is optional. unless you are either really young, or don't plan on rides over 300 miles a day. I'm a 180 pound old dude, and I still can ride my '94 VFR 600 miles a day for a week.... and I still ride motocross tracks whenever I can. (obviously not on a VFR) I also have the "double bubble" windshield on my '94, and it was a waste of time and money... I have a '86 VFR 750 in red/white/blue also, and it's not as fast, doesen't sound as good, and is not anywhere near as comfortable as the 4th gen, but it feels much smaller and lighter, plus the higher peg height on the '86 keeps me from dragging pegs as much in the corners as the '94.

5. thewedge

thewedge New Member

United States
    Moving this to a different section...really like you ideas here and want to formally say hello and see what other inputs I can get too. Great information!