Alternator stator alternatives....

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by elvish, Jul 17, 2018.

1. elvish

elvish New Member

Russian Federation
    Map
    Hey, guys. Rescue. Have VFR 800 fi 98 years and burned the stator of the generator. The background is that stopped charging the battery, thought that this relay regulator. Bought a new one from electrosport indastris (ESR531), but the charge continued to be absent. I opened the generator and it turned out that it was all the fault, burned.
    Wanted to buy a stator from electrosport indastris (ESG529), but the seller talked, said extremely is not recommended to buy, since these stators are not reliable and burn out or kill relay controller. Now the question, someone had set the stator, someone may have reviews, suddenly scared me? Maybe someone knows the alternatives? Original buy is not yet possible. Old rewinding can not offer )))

2. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Most people use a vendor called Roadstercycle.com. What condition is the white 3 prong connector from the stator? Is it discolored or burned too? You might consider replacing the R/R too, as that might have been the cause. Many threads on here about the VFR800 electrical problems.

3. elvish

elvish New Member

Russian Federation
    Map
    Thank you for the information about "Roadstercycle". I'll keep these guys in mind.
    The contacts were connected to the standard chip. they are in excellent condition, not blackened and not melted. everything looks perfectly normal, there is no corrosion. However, the battery charge was gone. When checking as well at first glance it was good. Oddly enough, the resistance of the windings was normal, the breakdown to the ground there. But the voltage from the generator at idle and at the speed did not rise above 8V and varied for each phase.
    To date, there is a new battery, a new relay regulator from electrosport indastris and .... and I'm looking for a replacement for the original generator stator )))

4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    I have no idea what VFR parts are available in Russia.

But there are plenty of people who have had issues with Electrosport equipment, so you may be better with an alternative, but Ricks is another brand I would avoid - but if that is the only choice you have then you have I guess give it a try but do not expect a lasting solution.

Typically the best solution is to replace a failed stator with OEM and the RR with Shindengen SH775 model - as fitted by Yamaha to many larger bikes and that is basically what is sold by Roadstercycle.

For 5th Gen bikes, issues may be loom related so check all the charging system wiring very closely looking for burnt or charred wires/connectors. Most of the issues you need to look out for are extensively covered in this thread..

http://vfrworld.com/threads/how-to-fix-common-regulator-stator-failures.39277/

SkiMad

5. elvish

elvish New Member

Russian Federation
    Map
    Ohhh, thank you so much for the link, bookmarked it. I was looking and could not find anything that I needed.
    We have unfortunately in stock in stores nothing, even the official dealer. Just a different worthless little thing. All something serious only under the order. And to order at least a tank, even a space rocket will be brought, there would be money. What I was able to find was only electrosport and Rick's. From electrosport I was dissuaded and in the reviews it is not very good. I would venture to put himself Rick's. The season ends and want to ride. But in the future I'm going to do already in mind. Once again, thank you very much for the information.