Another Seattle Craigslist Find... 2002 "VFR750" for $1000

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by B6_Dolphin, May 4, 2017.

1. B6_Dolphin

B6_Dolphin Member

2. duccmann

duccmann Insider

Yeah that sounds a little shady you think

3. OOTV

OOTV Well-Known Member

If the story is true, what is the law in Seattle, WA about abandoned vehicles?

4. RobVG

RobVG Insider

In Washington you can apply for lost title. I think DOT tries to contact the previous title holder. I did it with an XR500.

I think they need a bill of sale. Might be risky.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  5. OOTV

OOTV Well-Known Member

There is a risk in every used bike purchase, some more so than others. Although it could be a case of "too good to be true". No harm in checking it out though. If it feels sketchy, bail.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

Except for the DMV on 85th St. The WA DMV has printouts on how to get new titles. If the bike has a WA liscense plate it will be in the name of the owner and even the owner chain. Bottom line probably a PITA but if the bike is at the "right price"... The ad states BO. The ad also states there is no key and that the person who has the bike is not a bike dude. Could be a key stashed somewhere on the bike.

Dealerships if you have one that is trustworthy also have this information. Also search theft reports with the SPD.

All the civilized states have DMVs. DC is not a state and we know how that's going..except for weekends..

7. V4toTour

V4toTour Active Member

Based on the # of "my bike was stolen!" posts I remember seeing, Seattle and the surrounding area seems to be a hotspot for bike thefts.

I'd pass.

8. OOTV

OOTV Well-Known Member

Then again, checking it out could get someone their bike back...

9. Badbilly

Not only that but there have been several instances of guys showing up to look at bikes and waking up in Dubai with sore butts. Passing would be painful.

For real stats as of 2015 this site has CA winning by a nose.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/m...stics-stolen-bikes-motorcyclist-magazine-news

10. B6_Dolphin

B6_Dolphin Member

Ok, if the VFR800 is too hot for ya, here's a "real" VFR750F ('83? '84?) for sale (Uh, it's definitely not an '86 as advertised), and it's really cheap ($275), located on the east side of the Cascades, in Yakima, WA:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/6110663707.html

[​IMG]

A 1st gen Interceptor that truly needs some TLC, and a few parts. Somebody please buy this...

11. Badbilly

Nice and dry over in that part of the state, for 250 pesos it might be good for some now hard to find parts.