Are you happy with your 2010 vfr 1200

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by mkayserb, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    I thought honda fixed the 1&2 gear power limitation! correct?

2. Manwell

Manwell New Member

Map
    Unfortunately not. I'm in a battle with the Australian Honda Head Office about this atm. I know it's easily fixed with a Bazzazz Z Bomb, but I don't believe we should have to pay to fix it in the first place. There is a principle at stake here. I'm a long term Honda supporter, ex motorcycle dealership parts and accessories manager, ex racer, I've even trained Honda Airways cadet pilots and visited their facilities in Japan. I know that Honda would not want to destroy customer faith in their product, and this issue is certainly doing that.

3. dsmit34

dsmit34 New Member

United States
    Map
    I have 2010 1200f love the bike it's been the best bike I have ever had.

4. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
    Not now, all it does is sit there.

5. avhb

avhb New Member

My gen 7 auto box started to get stuck in one gear (mostly second) and displays "-" on the gear indicator .

has this happened to anyone else? The workshop mack. went into some "secret" menu, to "reset" the gearbox, but no luck.

I was also supposed to count the flashes in order to determine the error code.

what is this about?

6. cornerexit

cornerexit New Member

How many threads are you gonna post that on here today? Geezus. That's two threads on here and you started another thread on the other site.

There is such a thing as forum etiquette. By doing what you are doing you are likely to get less help rather than more.

7. avhb

avhb New Member

This was my first time post, so I erred. I guess profanity is a more acceptable practice than duplication. if you do not bother to help, do not bother to post.

On2wheels likes this.
  8. cornerexit

cornerexit New Member

Well you see the plethora of responses you've received in this thread.

9. ricknpb

ricknpb New Member

tin-tin-
    What is the fix and who can do it for me?
    Thanks!
    Rick

10. jugornot

jugornot New Member

United States
    Map
    I wanted to keep mine after it was totaled. I wanted to keep the motor/trans/rear and make a kick a$$ dune/go cart. The tech would be solid and great. Pfaw on the vfr go cart. It was a DCT.

11. dogFM

dogFM New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Just got my second vfr1200f, this time dct. I don't think the 1st/2nd gear thing is an issue~ I have the 2011 with no traction control. Twist that throttle and it goes very very quickly. Great bike manual or dct but for commuting in cities where everyone is out to get you dct gives you more time to watch the cagers next move :biggrin-new:

On2wheels likes this.
  12. cutback

cutback New Member

Currently, The bike is finally everything I wanted it to be. The factory fueling just simply sucked. With the addition of a Bazzaz and PCV, my fueling is spot on. My last 7 bikes all had custom maps and currently my 1200 is the best of the lot. No hick-ups, surges, driveline lash or transitional throttle response issues at all. Hell, yesterday, just messing about, I repeatedly slowed to 23 mph in 5th gear and accelerated away. Like I said, spot on! Too bad we HAVE to do all these mods to get it right but, for me, I would have done them anyways. Your MMV. Now the suspension.........

13. dogFM

dogFM New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Ha ha

Suspension setting is always my first port of call- I m a numpty at it so go to a local shop MCT who are excellent value for money. In the past I ve then looked at exhaust etc to trim weight but with this big bike there's not too much point - 10kg off 267kg isn't a whole lot of saving as it's mass centralised.
    I can t be as sensitive to poor fuelling and driveline lash as everyone else I guess

14. cutback

cutback New Member

I normally do the same. I'm 5'10" 160lbs so, for me, the bikes suspension is o.k. at normal speeds. It only shows it's weaknesses when pushed, like most factory bikes. Obviously, we aren't suppose to ride our scooters on public roads like were doing a track day but, somedays, even though I know better, I'm just unable to control myself. :wink: That is when you'll notice her weaknesses.

15. f3racer

f3racer New Member

Its been a long time since I walked out to my garage to find a bike that makes me smile every time I see it.

So....yes I'm happy.

16. jonmarsh

jonmarsh New Member

Map
    I can relate to this, except that I can't even stand to keep it in the garage! So it's out on the back patio, while I tinker with it and installed the half dozen or so tweaks I've ordered for my new 2013....

[​IMG]

While the basics, are good, very good, a little fine tuning (pegs, bars, center stand, bags, Z-Bomb, tail bag, tail carrier, levers, Corbin seat, optional windscreen, fairing deflector) goes a long way towards optimizing the experience.

I'd like to think myself a little unique, riding both an ST1300 Pan European and the big VFR, but I just read a blog the other day by a guy in the UK doing the same thing... (I rode the ST1300 2500 miles home from the dealer in late December in 2010, the VFR only 100 miles in late June this year, so this speaks to their different roles...)

17. hallford

hallford New Member

Map
    I just got home from the dealership with my 2010 and frankly feel like I stole it. The short ride home was a true joy for me. I am about to head back out for a ride.

18. jonmarsh

jonmarsh New Member

Map
    Best thing you can do after getting home from the dealer, unless you've already got some tweaks to install!

19. jonmarsh

jonmarsh New Member

Map
    Best thing you can do after getting home from the dealer, unless you've already got some tweaks to install!

What part of Oklahoma do you live in? I grew up in Lawton and Perry.

20. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    Just checking in. ...25,000 or so miles now, and still love this bike. And the new Pilot Road 4 tires are simply awesome!

[​IMG]