Are you into it?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by NorcalBoy, Aug 31, 2007.

1. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Just wanted to drop a quick line - I have been following the world's racing series(s) for a long time and I have reviewed the historic thread strings and I've noticed that there haven't been alot of posts on the subject of Pro Racing (if you deduct the LS MotoGP threads) - are you all interested in Pro racing, at least marginally, or are you folks more into track days, etc? I didn't see one post for the AMA round this weekend so I was just wondering - If you're into AMA, WSBK, MotoGP I would really like to hear what you folks have to say!!!!!

2. Jabba

Jabba New Member

MotoGP ... what can I say??

Go Aussies!!!

But really ... young Stoner, a truly talented kid wo's been at the right place at the right time (Ducati)
    Vermuelin, talented also and getting better
    West, another young guy who's been racing for years and has finally got a factory ride he deserves.

3. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Have been an avid GP 500's / MotoGP fan Since the mid '80's and watching Wayne Gardner racing the likes of Kevin Schwantz & Wayne Rainey. Racing this year has been brilliant with Aussie Casey Stoner currently on Fire with a good chance of winning the Championship. :first:

4. Hondapitbull

Hondapitbull New Member

Love tha Moto GP,and AMA race'n!!!

5. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

All of the Aussies in the house should be pretty happy about the fact that your man, Mr. Stoner, has secured the pole for the Misano GP this Sunday.... Although that isn't a big surprise, considering the year he is currently having.

I thought that it was pretty interesting to see another Aussie, Jamie Stauffer, currently third in the AMA Superstock Q-session at Road Atlanta this morning.

Hey Jabba, you might want to stop riding your machine, sword fighting and drinking every now and then and eat something. I don't want to point fingers, but you look a little thin in your avatar photo.............

6. Jabba

Jabba New Member

<sigh> that was me in my younger days.

Now days I look like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  7. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Good to see Jamie is doing ok over there, he had recently won the Australian Superbike 2007 Title. :thumb:

8. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

LOL, I'm with ya mate!!!!! I have to work out 1.5 hours a day 6 days a week just to come close to keeping my girlish figure, crap I haven't had a friggin' beer with carbs in it, or, a taste of beef in almost 2 years - sorry, I hijacked the thread.....this really should be in another section, my bad....................you surely didn't want to hear my BS SNIVELIN' anyway, LOL! Oh BTW, I see that Matt Mladin put another knotch in his Joe Rocket's by winning the 1st SBK race at RA today. I provided some bad info - Jamie Stauffer DID NOT race in the SBK class. Spies crashed but remounted to finish 2nd, I think Jamie could have helped Matt out a bit if he had raced............

9. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Love 'em all, as long as they aren't on dirt. AMA, WSBK, MotoGP, I'll watch them all day if I'm not out riding.

I used to work with a guy who grew up with the Hayden brothers. He said they were all on bikes about the time they could walk. It shows to!

10. Jabba

Jabba New Member

It's great to see Hopper finally getting into the results as well... (wonder how he'll go with the Kwaka though)
    And I reckon Edwards has to be the unluckiest guy on two wheels .. he just can't pull a trick!

11. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Well I hope now that Kawasaki are finally serious about Moto GP.

12. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Stoner's like the perfect storm in the MotoGP. Wonder if they'll change the tire rules next season... certainly is fun to watch when it's on TV.

I've not been to an AMA roadrace, but have seen some motocross... the motorcross DU nations is in a few weeks down the road from me in Budds Creek. Is anyone got plans to go? I'm still sitting on the fence.

13. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Moto GP, AMA Superbike, and the TT series.

My favorite race course is the Isle of Mann. That my friends is the absolute best race in the universe. Every June, tune into Speed channel and be amazed.

North America was supposed to a TT race in Breton Bay, Nova Scotia! OMG I was so excited and it was estimated the racers would break the 200mph mark. O the love of it all. Well, Canadian authorities pulled the plug on the race for some reason. I was pissed off! Mark my words, if I ever become president of our great nation. I'll be closing down the George Washington Parkway for a TT race! So get your lawn chairs out and be prepared to have nothing but a hay bail separate you from a racer coming down the parkway and tearing through the streets of Alexandria, VA as they head to George & Martha's place.

BZ

14. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Two for one with MotoGP, it was amazing seeing Hayden useing his MX skills to save himself after De Puniet's little mishap.

15. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Anyone seen pics of the track flooding, check out the link below of Misano track during the last Moto GP. :eek:

Misano flooded Pic:
    http://tinyurl.com/yuucs9

16. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Stoner was so strong... is he that much better or is the tyres and duck that help? perfect storm?

Nice to the the Suzukis do well for a bit... great start! but that blue is the ugliest colour I've seen on a racing machine. Looks like a mobile bathroom.

Yeah, Nicky's having a year to forget.

17. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    just need to race jetski's that weekend.