Arrogant Cop

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by plasma, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Does anyone know if I can get a concealed weapons permit for a 40mm Vulcan? I live in Oregon.

2. mrbugfish

mrbugfish New Member

Map
    Um, well i think you have to live in Texas...then you can carry one...lol :thumbsup:

3. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Only if you can stick it in your pants!

Is that a Vulcan in your pants or are you happy to see someone?

4. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    On a serious note, I only heard the end of the story on the radio, but did the state of Wisconsin enact an open carry law today? I didn't quite catch the whole story but it ended with the Milwaukee police department saying if they saw someone carrying a gun they would be stopped immediately and detained until they were checked out.

5. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

not necessarily enact a law... but the attorney general issued an official opinion stating that IT IS LEGAL to OPENLY CARRY a firearm in a peaceful manner.

PDF Document of Official Opinion

Check out OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! for a bunch of articles on this. The ridiculous part is the Milwaukee police chief told his staff to "take down" anyone carrying, put them on the ground, and disarm them. Then they would decide if they were legal to carry. If I were in Wisconsin I'd drive straight to Milwaukee and open carry every where I could and hand them my lawyer's card right after they take me down. BIGGEST BUNCH OF HORSE SHIT I've seen in a long time!

Article About Police Chief's Remarks

6. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

Wait a minute- so you're saying a police chief has taken it upon himself to enforce the law as he sees fit rather than how it is written with total disregard for people's rights? Get out of town! That never happens! I'd say the only surprise is that he was dumb enough to make a public statement that those were his instructions to his officers. Honestly I'm not sure what his panties are in a bunch about anyway, it's not like every person on the street is gonna be walking around with a gun on thier hip like in the old west. I'm thinking statewide the number of people who open carry will be in the hundreds, not thousands. Also, the first time the "take down" someone and detain them unlawfully and that individual sues the balls off whatever municipality the officer works for, that chief will be friggin' fired. He ought to be fired anyway for directing his officers to bypass the law and do his bidding/interpretation instead.

7. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I see maybe 5 people in a year open carrying unless there is an organized open carry event. You're way more likely to be able to spot someone carrying concealed then actually seeing an open carrying citizen in Michigan.

The police aren't too fond of the open carry law either(actually, Detroit Police don't even want to discuss it with you at all! lol, go figure). Hell, my buddy was at the grocery store carrying concealed(granted it wasn't the best concealment) under a thin shirt and some women saw the outline under his shirt(full frame .45 btw) and she called the cops and he got harassed for a good 20 minutes. Our laws here clearly state than unless he's in a designated pistol-free zone(inside school, theater, bar) or brandishing(holding the gun in a threatening manner, waving it in the air) then the citizen hasn't broke any laws and the police shouldn't bother them.

8. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Hmmm, a ride up the Milwaukee, an encounter with Herr Flynn's Gastapo and one out of court settlement later, my retirement account's fully funded...

9. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

...as long as you're a citizen of Wisconsin. Gun laws get funky when you're from out of state.