AS3 performance silicone hoses review

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Veryfunride800, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Veryfunride800

Veryfunride800 New Member

United States
    I recently bought a 1999 vfr800 from a dealer with only 21k miles on it. After doing a doing a coolant flush, I noticed one of my radiator hoses starting to leak. No big deal, I tightened the clamp some more. That didn't help because the rubber from the oem hose was so brittle and hard. I started to look at my options. After looking around, I found these silicone hoses from as3. Not finding much but a few reviews i decided to give this a shot.
    AS3 performance is a company based in Great Britain. They offer their hoses in 3 different colors: red, blue and black. I went with the black ones, figured it would look cleaner. I also purchased their clamps to go along with the hoses.
    I live in the US and was very shocked to have received my hoses in a week. I I opened the box and I was not disappointed. For the cost of 158$, i had a complete silicone hose kit for my vfr. Quality is top notch. Several layers of reinforcement and the bends are perfectly matched. For another 60 I bought the clamps and they do not disappoint. Perfectly matched for the hoses, they do not cut into the hose and have a stronger construction than the oem worm type clamps.
    So far I have installed all of the radiator hoses and they all fit like a glove. When the time comes i will install the rest but I'm sure they will fit wonderfully as well. Hats off to AS3 for making a stellar kit for a good price.

Attached Files:

Lint and Mind_Surfer like this.
  2. Bykemike

Bykemike New Member

United States
    good price is ???

3. Veryfunride800

Veryfunride800 New Member

United States
    158$

4. wiremanjon

wiremanjon New Member

United States
    Map
    So far I have installed all of the radiator hoses and they all fit like a glove. When the time comes i will install the rest but I'm sure they will fit wonderfully as well.

What? You’ve installed most of them and have more to go is my interpretation. Is that correct?
    My feeling is you’ve got to do all the hoses before you can recommend the kit.

5. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    Thanks for the heads up on these hoses at a good price! -- (Damn, now added to my todo list..)

6. Leon67

Leon67 New Member

Greece
    Price is very good. I also added those in my wish-list in place of the Samco kit at more than double the price. I hope they do not disappoint me with the quality...Why is there such a huge price difference? Has any one else here tried/fitted either?

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

BTW, their 5 Gen kit is missing two hoses, if you’re going to put them on a 2000/2001 that is, these are the ones that connect the wax idle unit and the 2002+ kit is missing the small hose that connects the right radiator to the filler cap. I have been in contact with AS3 regarding getting the two 5 Gen hoses added to their kit, going as far as sending them one hose that Honda no longer makes. I’ve also discussed with them possibly adding the one that is not in their 2002+ kit, ironically you get a couple of extra hoses that are meant for 2013+ models. Otherwise their kits are pretty good deal for what you get. I would also recommend getting their hose clamp kit to go along with the hoses.

8. RC46-SP2

RC46-SP2 New Member

Australia

Interestingly, I, too, have recently bought the AS3 hose kit (and clamps). Even got the hoses in black, for the same reason you stated.

Mine were bought as part of a larger "refurb" project I will be undertaking later this year, on a spare engine I have. Similar to "GreginDenver's" one, the whole box and dice will be replaced, including the under throttle body hoses (I suspect that these are the ones you are "yet to get to".)

I'm actually looking forward to it. Will definitely help that I can put the engine on a bench and get to work on it.