At last!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Stevie70, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Stevie70

Stevie70 New Member

United Kingdom
    1050cc in my 2010 Speed Triple plus a few mods. Very hard to keep the front wheel down on a standing start
    I'm sure when the engine loosens up a bit and I gave the first oil change I'll be able to sample what it really can do....

2. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Great bike Stevie, Congrats! This new purchase brings me back into mind of "how to break in the engine" I have broken in three bikes but that was in the 80's and 90's. The VFR was the only one that The dealer owner and the head mechanic told me to bring it to 4,000- to 9000 rpm with constant variations and on occasion hit almost red line within the 600 miles. Was I being punked into a constant service bike for them, or hoped, or where they telling me the truth that the VFR valves need more variation and higher revs early on, and the bikes these days are engineered to take it and need it to properly seat the valves.

How did all of you do it breaking in the 2014-2017?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. thtanner

thtanner New Member

United States
    Map
    I rode it a little easy until the 300 mile mark (only hitting VTEC once or twice,) then I just started easing into riding it normally.

4. PetePower

PetePower New Member

Australia
    Map
    Congrats Steve, the Silver with Black frame looks great. They had a 2017 Black when I got mine but with the silver forks and black frame I liked the 2014 better (in black). Enjoy. Mine goes in the week after next for the 1st 1000km service, just been real crappy wet weather in Adelaide Aust.