BAck to 86 VFR exhaust

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by vfromey, Nov 26, 2003.

1. vfromey

vfromey New Member

Canada
    Map
    Has anyone ever heard of Motad exhausts in the U.K.?
    they have a collector and silencer that fits the OEM downpipes for 1986/87 VFR 700/750 (selling for 275 pounds plush shipping and taxes) I guess it turns the system into a 4 into 1. still waiting on a reply from them to see if they can ship (to canada/us) and what the exhaust looks and sounds like (might even be able to keep the center stand) anyone have this exhaust?

2. alex87f2

alex87f2 New Member

Map
    hey romey-

just browsing through some mailwhen i saw yours (3 months late). About that Motad - check out Russell at "Revs Performance". He had one or two of these systems in stock as of last week. Sounds like a real knowledgeable gent AND he's also an 86 VFR pilot to boot!

www.revsperformance.com
    atlanta GA 770-787-8775

by the way, are you on the vfrlist@yahoo.com?

3. vfromey

vfromey New Member

Canada
    Map
    hey alex,  just checked your reply (only 1 month late) and was pretty excited to hear that i can still get something in the US. called russell from revsperformance and he can order the exhaust from the UK. so, looks like i may order a set and my buddy is interested as well.  if only i could get feedback on how the motad sounds (hear they're loud). will sign up for the yahoo list.  thanks for the info!!

4. Daelan-do

Daelan-do New Member

I have an 86 VFR 700. Just put a Motad exhaust system on it. The pros: It looks real nice, was a piece of cake to install, price was more than reasonable, and I kept my centerstand. If I would have thought to let the air out of the rear tire(just need a little more clearance), I could have installed it in about 45 minutes including removal.

The cons: Doesn't sound very well and no increase in power noticed. I modified the air box and went to a Dynojet stage 2 jet kit. I think the exhaust doesn't breathe enough for stage 2. It ran better at stage 1. A little hesitation at about 5500 rpm's. I am currently looking for advice on what to do next........