Being robbed

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Nailer45, May 10, 2007.

1. sev

sev New Member

im in yorkshire in the uk and i pay £5.20 a gallon thats $9.70 .. and thats cheap for here.

2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Wow the difference of a few months, payed 98 Aus cents ( 45 pence ) per litre for 95RON this morning or $2.50 USD per US Gallon. Anyone got a Hemi Cuda for sale ? :smile:

3. dualcert

dualcert New Member

Gas is $1.56 / Gal locally..

4. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I wonder if the black helicopter crowd will now start up with this being a government conspiracy. Where are all the outraged calls for an investigation of the oil companies for these suspiciously low prices?

5. WheeeFR

WheeeFR New Member

Map
    Fear not. Things are going to get better through "Change"

Once the Obama "greens" get settled in and require the American auto makers to produce millions of hybrid vehicles no one wants to buy while gas is at $1.50/gal, they plan to raise the price to $4/gal through taxation to promote hybrid vehicle sales and raise taxes yet again to subsidize replacing $10K hybrid batteries after 5 years(can you or will you pay that much to keep your hybrid?) They have to justify giving OUR money away to the automakers and try to insure the automakers success and their re-election (it won't anyway, the loans are good money thrown after bad)

No black helicopters, just the Tax Man and believe me, he's not imaginary.

On the bright side, that should perk up the price of bikes in general and the value of your VFR, as well.

With that said, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Chin up, it will get better again as the pendulum swings the other way.

Paul

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I heard that all IRS Choppers will be green Harleys.

So how bout the price of diesel? Still up there almost where it was when Bush & crew doubled the price of gas in just a week.

7. fish123

fish123 New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I have wondered why the fuel prices went up before the election, as if to force the workers/voters into a stressed, distracted mental condition, then the prices dropped after the deed was done.

Except that no one is smart and organized enough to pull that off......

8. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    The oil companies own the world.Governments run on their money.Let's hope our (U.S) 'change' has some sort of impact,more than eh 'flash in the pan'.

9. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    :ncb:

I'm thinking the little guy in back is the oil companies and the little guy in front is us.

10. Spike

Spike New Member

indeed, you would think this would prove that the prices are just the result of a very volitile market affected by many factors in a myriad of ways. but I won't hold my breath that it will...

11. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Right, I am sure it has nothing to do with wanton profiteering. (lol!)
    Now, back to my black helicopter...

12. Spike

Spike New Member

Please no one wants hybrids, in 2007 the only domestic nameplate that outsold the Prius was the Chevy Impala - which sees extensive fleet sales. And are you really dumb enough to think that gas won't go back up? That is part of what got the domestic automakers into the mess they are in, they concentrated on the now, instead of what will reasonably and rationally happen in the future. So when prices skyrocketed, they were caught with nothing to offer.

No matter how cheap gas is, it still makes sense to conserve it, and on many levels.

Personally I think we should push our gas taxes up to the $5 a gallon level. Not that it will happen. Or figure out exactly ahat we spend to build and maintain our roads and bridges, or rather what we should spend, and tax gas and deisel to the amount that would evenly cover that expense. Would seem to make sense to me, as generally speaking the more gas you consume the more wear and tear on our roads and bridges you cause. Is it a perfect ration, no, of course not. But it is close enough to be reasonable and prudent.

My Hybrid's battery goes for nothing near $10k, try about the mid 2's. And you can always get one from a junkyard for a couple hundred bucks with low miles -- if you needed to and that is a big if. But let's say you were right, and my battery mysterously died after 5 years, which actually in my case would be this year. I would be stoked, since it is warrantied for 8 years or 150,000 miles, and I only have 75,000 miles, I would get a free battery! Whooo Hooo. The chances of that happening are unfortunately about 0.0001% but hey, if that is what you want to hang your hat on, OK.

And isn't it Bush who signed the auto bail out? Not Obama. Not only did Bush sign it, he went out of his way to set it up as congress didn't pass it.

13. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    well hey guys i tell it to you this way, its mind over matter, there dont mind and you dont matter.