Belstaff Riding Gear - Pants?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Granny22, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Granny22

Granny22 New Member

I just bought a Belstaff Trekker textile jacket which is very comfortable, warm and windproof. I haven't checked out the waterproof feature yet but I'm sure that will happen soon enough. My question is does anybody have experience with pants to go with this? Probably want ones to wear over jeans or shorts when the weather warms up. Should be fairly easy to get on and off. What do you like, what don't you like?

Thanks,

Grant

2. jcm

jcm New Member

I have the trekker jacket and have ridden in serious rain with it. It is totally waterproof. Be careful to cover the zipper with the flap that velcos's over it or you may get a wet spot about stomach level. Of course, the only other challenge is to keep run off from getting inside your collar - the same problem with most riding jackets. If Belstaff makes a textile pant with the same mateial why not try it. I have a pair of Gericke Ecco pants that have also been totally waterproof in all day wet rides. They were $200, pretty good fit, not too baggy, but the knee armour moves around a little too much when the insulated liner isn't in. I also own a pair of Roadgear's XJK leather pants that you can use with rfain pants over. Jeff McQueen

3. Guest

Guest Guest

:) Jeff,

Thanks for the input. I took a look at some of the Belstaff pants at the bike show here. They are expensive, about $400 Canadian. They come with a removeable liner but they may be worth it if they are as rainproof etc. as your jacket has proven to be.

Grant

4. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Hi Grant,

That is pretty steep. Have you checked to see how much they run here in the States? If it's substantially cheaper, maybe "someone" would get them for you here and mail them to you.

I did that with my Scorpion exhaust from the UK. Worked out great! Let me know if I can help you.

VC

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Tiffany,

Thank you for the offer. I may do some checking in the States to see if they are any cheaper and I might want to check Britain too since that is where they come from in the first place. Good suggestions.

Thanks,

Grant

6. RedRocket800

RedRocket800 New Member

Check eBAy.