Bubba's 2014 Maintaince and add ons

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Ok, So in my attempt last week and following success come "hell or high water" this Sunday morning that that I will be sober for finishing changing the oil on this one that is a "Bitch"! (mostly because all of my tools are at work and did not bring them home last weekend when I started this thinking I needed three things) And, thank you for all that gave positive advice! But, I do not have a buddy to help so I am on my own. Please god don't let me get out the oscillating tool again!;-)

I just received my T Rex (VFR) sliders. This one for sure has to be a straight forward install without bullshit plastic, Am I correct? I was surprised that they came so quickly and that is great that I can finish both in one day. I also received a I phone water proof mount that needs to have the right bar extended to work. Any advice on moving or extending the left bar to accommodate about 3/4 to an inch assembly? Thank you for any reasonably good advise in advance! IMG_0281[1612].JPG IMG_0280[1614].JPG

2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

The only good advice I have is to fly me in to work next to you which will make these jobs super fun and relaxing!

My aura will help to tremendously lower your heart rate, blood pressure, and possibly any cholesterol levels.

Research shows being in the presence of someone with lower levels will help the other person's lower and even sync up!!

Mine are super low as I'm a super calm person and I assume yours may be a tad higher...

All awesome science aside, I have not dealt with the installation of these items in question.

Great sliders though! They will look super on your moto! She looks awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bubba Utah likes this.
  3. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Yes Bubba, frame bolts out, new bolts through bracket, spacers on the bolts and screw into frame. The only thing to check is which bolt goes where as the lengths are different but T-Rex's diagram is clear.

anthonygg13, Bubba Utah and A.M like this.
  4. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Most folk mount them either from the steering stem or tank brackets via a ram mount. Can you post a pic of what you have.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    A.M, I love it. How about I ship you and your bike out and we can kill it on my stress with your aura and assistance with the work needed. Then We can take a couple of rides around Utah before you go home! Now to find the money! Shit, I forgot I work in the restaurant biz and don't make squat not to mention I would have to put you up at a hotel since I have a one bedroom condo. ;-)

6. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Sure, IMG_0282[1635].JPG IMG_0283[1637].JPG IMG_0285[1641].JPG

Attached Files:

7. A.M

I've got just the perfect time for that before school starts! AND you even have time to go pimp yourself for extra moolahs since we will need shipping and gas money. I'll also need some propel and beef sticks. No worries about a hotel though...I'll sleep on on my moto. That should save you one night of red lighting.

For your phone mount, have you looked into ways to make a custom set up in your steering stem? I've never done it personally, but I've seen a couple people around town who have. There may be something on here or the interwebs/Utubes to give you some ideas. Just a thought.

Bubba Utah likes this.
  8. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Thanks, Fatshoutybloke, I did install them today and I like them very much. I do have 2 issues though,

#1, You have to remove the left slider to change the oil due to not allowing the lowers to be removed or installed without doing so.

I was waiting with the lowers off the left side to have the oil give me an accurate read this time since last week I rushed the fill and overfilled. To bad I did not catch it before last night. F... So I went after the sliders. The instruction are clear and an easy install other than I did not have a torque wrench so I will have to check the bolts time to time. This is how I found out that I could not replace the lowers after doing both. I had to again remove the left side slider to get the body work back on without damage.

#2, I keep hitting my shin on the left side as well while putting the bike level on a stop. I must be kicking my leg out or something, It is something that I will have to just get used to and the bruises and pain until motor memory takes effect. ;-)

I do love that the VFR badging is finally on the bike! and I know that they will same me some cash in the long run. Almost did today! A car in front of me in a mountain intersection was hiding a bunch of gravel and a few large rocks. As we both made the left I did not see the large rock that almost threw me off to the left if my legs had not still been down. Butt clincher alert at less than 1-3mph!;-) 3232.jpg

9. lone_wolf

lone_wolf New Member

United States
    The sliders look good. Did you get the phone mount on? I'm looking for a solution.

10. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    No, I really haven't spent time looking at that.

11. A.M

What the heck in the world, Bubba?! Get on that!
    You've been so slacking with your motorly duties.

The world is going to end soon and there's obviously peeps waiting to see results!
    How can you enjoy your end of year bday tinfoil girl bash and make me some blow moolah if you don't have moto finished?

12. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Hey I just got those Chinese LEDs for the tire stems. To bad they came in blue. Oh well going to risk a ticket and play dumb if a cop pulls me over. I have pretty good luck at the play dumb game! "What, this is my sons bike! I'm sorry officer I will take these off immediately IMG_0310[1989].JPG !"