Cbr rims how to

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by medefisker, Jul 16, 2017.

1. medefisker

medefisker New Member

Denmark
    Just bought CBR rims from 98 to fit my rc24 89 VFR to lower the ride height . I was recommended that by the Facebook group.

But what do i need to fit Them or is it just a quick and easy swap ??

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    "quick and easy" is relative/subjective

IMO, those people on that Facebook group that were recommending you do this mod should have given you all the information about doing the mod or at least pointed towards where you could find that info!

You don't say which 1998 CBR. You only say "rims" - anything else, e.g. brake rotors, sprocket carrier, sprocket, etc?

Try doing a search here, VFRD, internet, etc on VFR CBR wheel mod or VFR CBR conversion or something like that.

Based on your line of questioning, I would encourage you to look into having a qualified shop handle the mod.

I had a similar conversion done to my Blue 87 somewhere around 1991/1992 when I was working at a Honda/Kawasaki dealership. I was wrenching on my own bike but hired Red from Warland Engineering to handle the mod. Almost complete CBR600F2 front end swap - wheel, bearings, rotors, axle, forks, triple clamps, clip ons, front brake master cylinder, lines, and lever. Red ended up taking my VFR steering stem and welding that into the lower CBR triple clamp. CBR600F2 rear wheel swap (wheel, rotor, sprocket carrier, cush drive parts, sprocket, bearings) - had to have custom wheel spacers made and had to modify/grind the rear brake caliper arm/bracket to provide clearance for the wider tire. I THINK he also had to re-position the rear brake caliper but it's been 25 years and I have CRS...