Changing High Beam bulbs

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Aqua_Uomo, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Aqua_Uomo

Aqua_Uomo New Member

Hi guys,

I am thinking to change the high-beam bulbs with more wattage bulbs. I think the stock is only 45w, did anybody install 65W in a 2009 interceptor? would there be any problems with overheating?

2. chuckgorman

chuckgorman New Member

United States
    I've run one and sometimes two 65s (I like different tints/temperature/shades mixed together) in my 2002, didn't have any issues.

3. Droldaerd

Droldaerd New Member

If you're increasing the wattage for a brighter light, and haven't changed to hid lighting. Do that first. Easy to install as much as a lightbulb and the brightness is amazing. It also uses much less energy too

4. Faterulz

Faterulz New Member

United States
    Map
    Any product suggestions for HID hi beams? I replaced my low beams with HID lights and I absolutely love them but I am not sure which ones to buy that will be good for the hi beams.

Disclaimer: I'm not a mechanic. If the answer is something dumb that everyone should know, please be patient with me.

5. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    HID or LED are good choices, going a higher wattage bulb can use more power than the stator can provide. Been there, done that. I controlled high & low beams with my own relays and hard wired the extra high beam filament in the low beam lamp (Honda does wire socket). Too many watts killed my battery in 3 days, sure was bright!, then switched to LED's. Low and high beams have their own reflectors for optimum beam spread.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017