Cheapo China Leather Jackets???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by erollman, Oct 5, 2010.

1. betarace

betarace New Member

Dont wish a buell on anyone, per one poster on this board, it's the only bike (or two wheeled vehicle) on the planet you dont countersteer.

as far as a US option: Fischer MRX American Sport Motorcycle

2. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    I had heard of the Fisher. It uses a Hyosung 650 V-Twin. Not exactly American in my book. I don't have a problem with buying non-American bikes. Both of mine are Honda.

The low seat height is a plus. The new wife might like it!

The price is right at under $8k. I wonder if parts are a problem?

3. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Well I'll be damned. He better get on his marketing horse.

Carbed - maybe we can get Donald on one of these?

I like the look. If I was in a position to buy a new bike, I'd give them a shot.

4. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Wow, obviously this is a touchy subject for some. I have wore a baklava last year, but lost it this summer. It worked well. I also wore baseball socks that came up to my knees, they help too. As for a rain suit, who makes a good one? I will check out newenough since someone second it. I believe I will try to keep what little money I have here in the states if possible, but the global economy is ever expanding and I don't want to perish like someone mentioned. I like the MRX, I just don't love that crotchrocket look so much. I like the comfort of the VFR. This may be the only model bike I ever own. Thanks for the feedback fellas.

5. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    I've used newenough and bought closeout merchandise as well.

The global economy is fine, provided there's a trade balance. China is smart because they require manufacturers who want to sell products into China, to have a plant in China. Some of the machinery manufacturers I deal with have a plant in China just to sell into the China market. Then they have plants in some other part of the world for sale in the rest of the global economy. This makes China have an export surplus and imbalance with imports and makes them the fastest growing economy in the world.

And don't forget that China is more aligned ideologically with North Korea, Iran, and Russia than they are with the west. The cold war is over because China knows when it's the richest country in the world it will be able to accomplish their agenda with economic pressures.

6. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm a fan of New Enough as well. Order stuff on closeout all the time.

I believe that if you join their mailing list (which is free), they will also send you a coupon right away that is good for 10% off.

If you don't want to sign up, here's a link for a 10% off coupon. Click below.

http://www.newenough.com/code/8C64B26ADEA8

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    I got my race suit, Sidi boots, Alpinestars GP Plus gloves from Newenough.

They try on all this stuff and give their "two cents", which includes the bad with the good... which I like.

8. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

I do not know your size, but I have winter jacket, not letter in XL that I can part with for FREE. It is good for cold times in Florida and may be good for your state too. Give me an e-mail.
    Gino

9. ferrarone

ferrarone New Member

United States
    Map
    When we purchase a used Japanese motorcycle, we're keeping the market demand for used Japanese motorcycles alive. If we did not buy used Japanese bikes, new Japanese bikes sales would suffer. People buy Honda cars because they are reliable and have great resale value. If nobody bought used Honda's, the resale value would plummet. I wouldn't buy a new Honda if it depreciated 95% of the sticker price after I drove it off the lot because it had no resale value. Honda and Lexus corporate don't directly profit from their dealerships selling certified pre owned cars (but their american owned dealerships do -go usa!), but in the long term it keeps the resale value of their cars high, and the demand for their new cars high.

Excuse me Tink, I graduated from Champlain with a BA in International Business 3 weeks ago, I think I did my homework while I was there. Knowing this fact does not mean one did their homework. I've probably heard this sentence over a hundred times, it seems to come up every time the car industry does- and it isn't wrong. The Civic wasn't built in the states because they like us, or because of the great natural talents in assembly line skills we posses. They did it because the tariff on importing completed cars was so high it was keeping them from being competitive. Honda building it here does give Americans jobs, but all the profit of that car still goes straight to Japan.

US sport bike options are few and far between because Japanese firms currently have a stranglehold on the industry, and can do it better. Honda has been making lawnmowers, generators, weed whackers, heaters, snowmobiles, atvs, etc for 40 years. They are skilled at small engine applications because they've been doing it. American firms never really ventured into small engines because the big money for them was always in cars.

If everyone stopped buying Japanese sports bikes because protectionist trade polices prevented it, or Japan sank, an American firm would step in to fill the market demand. I'm surprised we went from a $60 jacket to this. If squirrel jumps in and somehow ties all this in to the vf500f's fallacies, I'm going to blow my brains out.

10. ferrarone

ferrarone New Member

United States
    Map
    Another fine example of what VFR brotherhood is all about.

11. ferrarone

ferrarone New Member

United States
    Map
    I completely agree with all of this. I think the weapons developed (or developed ish) countries will use against each in other in the future is economic pressures and resource withholding. Africa, much of the middle east, and unaligned eastern euro countries are still up for a good old fashioned gunfight though.

12. blackhonda

blackhonda New Member

Just to throw my 2 cent in,buy what you can afford to suit your needs. As far as the American economy goes, yes it's now a global economy, but I believe American greed(and now the internet) had alot to do with it. Doesn't really matter how much "American" you buy the major companies are shipping all the jobs overseas anyways,so yes an American company is making the money but the only way their really helping Americans is by paying taxes to the U.S. government. To beat a dead horse Honda has alot of manufacturing plants in America, giving Americans jobs. Goldwings are exclusively manufactured in Ohio for example.

13. greg30

greg30 New Member

Hi guys the article of clothing that you wear under your helmet is called a balaclava not baklava If you were to wear a baklava you would find it very uncomfortable and not the least bit warm as a baklava is a type of sweet sticky Greek pastry/cake.

Don't go cheap and nasty on leather-go quality second hand or as has been suggested wear a good plastic rain jacket over your mesh jacket

14. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    LOL :pound: f'n spell checker!

15. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    That's not spell checking - that's sound advice.:biggrin: Being a fat guy myself, I'm quite familiar with baklava. But I won't eat one while wearing my balaclava.

16. pap11y

pap11y New Member

Map
    I just visited newenough and found an alpine star jacket I wanted down from 399 to 149...

Amazing.

Thanks for the tip. I am stoked that I read this post.

17. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    I am so surprised it got this far out of wack too. Regardless, you all make good points. I sincerely appreciate everyones input. The CrazyRussian has been so kind as to offer his spare jacket to me, which I am very thankful for. With all of the knowledge and carefree giving, I just might shed a tear. NOT! Thanks again fellas. I have definitely talked myself out of the "cheapo china leather jacket".

18. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Hello Erollman, again.
    I do not know what is a baklava - sound like food to me :) and I have no idea why you need knee long sucks to ride, but if you too cold, I have armored jeans 36 -34 and gunglett gloves M or L in blue that just taking space in my closet and boots from Icon in 9 (yes I know I am small man). Let me know.
    Gino

19. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Your a good man, Crazy.

20. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Gino, I ride nearly an hour to school 4 days a week, and two of those days I don't go home until 9pm, so in November and December, it gets down to 32 or below, but I still ride cuz I love it, and it saves me a ton on gas. As for the baklava, I could go for one right now. Studying sucks and I still have 6 hours to go. I guess I do need to get another balaclava. I'll send you a pm on the other stuff though. And please, No "red fellas".