Cheapo China Leather Jackets???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by erollman, Oct 5, 2010.

1. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Hey, Erollman.
    I was there and I have no second guess that fella like yourself, that rides to school and dig his heals in for 12 hours day will make good for himself and his family. But we all need some little brake now and then.
    When I start riding my body gave me all the gear to ride, except gloves, he had those cut-off fingers gloves HD style that look like pussy scratchers to me, so I opted out.
    In other words it is a privilege and an honor to help a fellow rider a little and to honest all the gear we like have very little value to any outsider and only the biker would understand why the dog sticks his head out of the window of the moving car.
    I try to ship next week.
    Gino

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  3. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Thanks for seeing that I am trying to make it on what little that I have and noticing my efforts. I only asperation in this life is to make it to heaven and give more to my family than I got from mine. I don't want my kids to have to grow up like I did. They don't deserve it. Its not my fault that my parents made poor choices, but I can make sure that my kids and family only benefit from what I went through as a kid. I sincerely appreciate your buddy doing what he did. Paying it forward is heavy on my heart, and apparently is on yours too. Thanks again for the support.

Eric

4. mrvfr

mrvfr Banned

thats pretty awsome. i remember shortly after i joined rw gave me a brand new set of tires. you wouldent believe how much that helped me.

next year i plan on getting my wife a set of gear, top to bottom. this year ill have to stick to wearing a hood and giving my jacket to her when we ride together.

5. JSzczesniak

JSzczesniak New Member

Wow - a lot of interesting reviews on a simple question about a jacket.......
    $35 to ship a jacket.....does it come with someone to wear it for you too? Sounds like crap to me!
    I've seen a lot of good sales out in different shops and there are some good winter jackets out there starting around $109.
    I picked up some Under Armour cold compression gear at a sporting good store on clearance for $15.
    There are also some Ski face masks that only cover the neck and chin and mouth if you don't want to look like you're about to rob a bank.
    Since my 'heated seat' from the dealership came not so heated it looks like I too am going to be gearing up not to freeze my rear off.
    I did hear the faster you go the harder it is for the cold to set in right???

6. DeckardVF1000R

DeckardVF1000R New Member

I do agree with your thoughts, but the simple fact is that the United States FAILED to make an affordable sport bike, which is why this newsgroup now exists. I do NOT feel bad at all about Japanese because there simply was no alternative. As in the 70's and 80's, we provided the public with crappy cars with poor gas milage and the people went out and purchased reliable, inexpensive Japanese vehicles.
    In addition, I would buy an Italian or German bike before even considering a US made vehicle. I hope we can make an awesome mass production bike one day because I would love to buy one.

7. ferrarone

ferrarone New Member

United States
    Map
    "US sport bike options are few and far between because Japanese firms currently have a stranglehold on the industry, and can do it better. Honda has been making lawnmowers, generators, weed whackers, heaters, snowmobiles, atvs, etc for 40 years. They are skilled at small engine applications because they've been doing it. American firms never really ventured into small engines because the big money for them was always in cars. "

I think we are in agreement? I don't feel bad either. I'd go for German over US, and a US production sports bike could be awesome.

8. irvfr

irvfr New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, as the air gets cold, its density increases, which means the air is getting thicker. So you and your bike feel more resistance as you blast throgh cold air compared to warm air. Bundle up fellas. You will lose your body heat fast which, in turn, makes you spend more energy to keep up and feel tired fast. Or you may gulp down few 'baklava' and throw a cheap 'balaclava' over your head and take off!!!

9. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Eh, Eric.
    Jacket Joe Roket, read and black (hope will match you dog or something from you girl wordrobe, pants Icon kevlar jeans, no cold feet anymore, gloves joe rocket, hope they fit.
    I am hopefull G woud look opon eretic like me some day.
    Ride safe, Brother and have some fun.
    Will ship on Monday.
    Gino
    Scorpion EXO-400 L did not feet in the box and Icon boots 9 may be too small for you anyway, let me know I may be not the only one wiht small feet and head :)
    Gino

10. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Gino,
    Sounds awesome man. I was kinda lookin forward to the boots. I am a little on the bigger side, but somehow managed to keep small feet. If they are comparable to regular shoe sizes, they should fit. I don't need another helmet, my old lady don't like to ride with me, but thanks for the offer. I am excited to get the stuff. Let me know how much it costs to ship and I will be glad to pay you for that. It's the least I can do since your sending me 500+ dollars in gear. Thanks again Brother. I call you brother because you must be an angel sent in my direction from God. He works in mysterious ways sometimes, but you gotta love him.

Thanks again,
    Eric

11. erollman

erollman New Member

Map
    Aw man, I thought if I went faster then my adrenaline would kick in and warm me up. I have done it a few times, but I do remember being way more tired and sore after doing so. I guess you got a point there.

12. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Clarification.....Baclava is a pastry, A balaclava is a headgear item.

The only industires left in the U.S. are drugs, politics and fast food.

13. Mark 024

Mark 024 New Member

Australia
    Map
    :sorry::sorry:

14. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Chances are Australian Iron ore is shipped to Chinas or Koreas steel mills to be processed and sent on to the USA but also back to Australia, for some reason it is cheaper to send the Australian Iron ore to be processed in Chinese steel mills and sent back than processed locally. Even worse we are now getting fresh produce from China cheaper than local produce I cannot work that one out but want it clearly labled so I can refuse to buy it.

Having said that with the rise of the Aussie Dollar I can now buy my favourite US candys like Reeses Chocolate Peanutbutter cups and Butterfingers cheaper, wont buy Oreos as the ones now sold here are manufactured in China ( ?? ) mind wonder how much that Corban seat shipped is now ?

15. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

No worries, I left out some things too....it should have read: "war, drugs, weapons, politics, and fast food", luckily we are very good at those things? (I won't include sex, as that requirement is like air.....) If the Simpson's and Family Guy are the only two things we can fall back on....we are in a metric assload of trouble.......

16. mrvfr

mrvfr Banned

do you know if you leave a mcdonalds meat patty out for a few months in room temp, it still looks the same.

17. VFRVictor

VFRVictor New Member

Its called a Blalclava, baklavah is an eastern european desert, pastry dough with honey and walnuts, its very sweet

18. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

Hello mrvfr.
    I have black Joe Rocket - XL femail jacket, used a few times for mild to cold wather, I was wrong about my wife riding with me.
    Give me e-mail if you need one for free.
    Gino

19. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

erollman, you can get a good neck warmeer at marshalls, I scored a eastern mountain sports one for 8 bucks last year, it has a small bib on it so you can tuck it into your shirt so it doesn't pull up when riding. I then fasten my helmet then pull it up over my chin and tuck it inbetween the helmet and chin strap. you will need a breath deflector if you don't have one.
    foggy city makes a good one on the cheap and you can get at cycle gear, if you have a local shop by you print out price from online and hand it to them at check out time, the place by me charges full price on stocked stuff but they have to sell it to you for the advertised online price. ( same for tires and anything else they have onsale online )
    cycle gear also has good winter gloves that are water proof on the cheap as well when they are on sale online ( again print out price before going )
    also ck dicks sporting goods for neck warmer if you cant find at marshalls.
    another great thing is flannel lined jeans at wal mart for like 15 buck, I wear them over my dress pants when I ride to work and on cold weather rides over jeans, good for 23 degrees.

20. Peet

Peet New Member

United States
    Map
    Second on the flannel lined jeans, they're great in the cold, and cheap enough.
    If you were looking around and saw some kevlar riding pants, they aren't as good for cold, but they are longer so they cover the tops of my boots in riding position which is nice. I would guess you could get a size longer in the flannel/fleece lined jean to account for that and be ok.