Cheapo China Leather Jackets???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by erollman, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Hitandrun

Hitandrun New Member

" Honda building it here does give Americans jobs, but all the profit of that car still goes straight to Japan."
    And all the American car companies building vehicles in Mexico and Canada means all the jobs go there.

2. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Ahem....almost everything is now made in china...GM, FORD, Chrysler they are in negotiations to have parts made in china. The pots you cook with, the shirt you wear, your refrigerator. If one does not consciously make decisions to buy made in USA, everything is made in china.

BTW...if you buy gloves made in china that are lines with "rabbit fur" they are most likely made not with rabbits but by cat and dog.

Append: My scorpion exo, and Joe Rocket jackets are made in CHINA...there is no stopping them.

I would not buy a piece of clothing from ebay unless I knew exactly how it would fit...you may be disappointed and it will sit in your closet forever!

3. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Whats wrong with Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Oh Yeah....furthermore...there are national laws that allow countries to bring raw materials from example china / coarsely made /unassembled goods into the USA.. then pay minimum wage to migrant workers to assemble them and call it made in the USA!!!! for example, lets take Trek bicycles... Made in USA right? Well not exactly, you see. Surely the Trek OCLV carbon fiber bicycle is made in the USA, it says made in the USA on it, with even an American flag? Well no...See just because it was assembled in the USA doesn't mean it was manufactured in the USA...look at your import laws and speak to your politicians.ts BTW...90% of all the carbon fiber in the world comes from china! That means the fairings on my buddy's "italian Made Aprilia" RSV came from China, AND BLAME THE JOB SITUATION ON YOUR LEADERS AND NOT CHINA. If you didn't buy it, they wouldn't make it.

You should start with the morons creating trade policies in your country.

5. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I think it's only like 30 or 35% of final assembly has to be done in the US to be able to hang a flag on it and call it "Made in the USA"

6. daveyto

daveyto New Member

35%, Same here, and we can thank our government for killing the manufacturing sector here as a result.
    Buy something at walmart and its guaranteed to come from China! It becomes a co-dependacy. ...We like buying shit cheap. The stuff made locally is better but we don't want to pay for it so, we buy it from china via Walmart. Walmart says they are giving Americans jobs, stock price goes up, but at the end of the day your manufacturing sector is dead and you have some really crappy shit that you are more than likely going to return because of it's substandard quality. Who wins? Sam Walton thats whooooo.

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Dude, if you have a VFR after all that BS you tossed out in your posts, your mamma wasted her money sending you to college. If you decide to blow your brains out, Make a vid, and have it sent to me. I can put it on Ebay and finally buy the Ferrari I have always wanted. We do thank you for your resume and will keep it on file in case something in your specialty area comes up.

8. daveyto

daveyto New Member

I've done that many times, 2 pairs of socks and 2 jackets one over the other.
    Man was I poor!!!

Actually, I still am!!!

9. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I agree. Once when riding up at the North Pole on my Harley, it got so cold the air turned solid. Thank God Santa's elves were there with de-icer, some hot coffee and some of that baklcavat stuff. I did feel colder but nary a peep out of that Harley. I think mostly because those old Harleys really don't have feelings or they just aren't sensitive like us VFR dudes.