cigar afficionados

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by reg71, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    So, had some fun recently, and thought about this thread.

So, I have stated on this thread back a long time ago, that I smoke 2-4 cigars a day. Additionally, that Drew Estates (DE) are my favorite cigar manufacturers.

In the last year, I have graduated to DE's Isla del Sol for my daily smokes. For an in expensive stick, we're talking only like $2.50/stick (box of 20 only like $49 at BestCigarPrices.com), these are excellent smokes.

Another line from DE I've been smokin lately, is the Tabak Especial; these are coffee infused cigars. Now, I actually don't drink coffee, but I love the smell, and in these cigars, the mix is outstanding.

But, the reason I wanted to post on this very old thread, came from an interesting moment. So, while doing another purchase for cigars, I usually will try a few cigars that I haven't tried before. So, this is when I come across the DE MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured cigar. MUWAT means "My Uzi Weighs a Ton", which has a funny back story. At any rate, I decide to try some and get a small 10 pack.

The next weekend, I decide to fire one up. Now, folks also who know me from this board, know that I also love Scotch, and I especially like the very smokey (peaty) Islay Scotches. So, when I pull one of these MUWAT KFC sticks out, I smell what I swear is the remnants of a campfire. So, given my tastes in Scotch, I'm thinking, this aughta be something great.

So, I fire it up, and I will tell you, I really haven't been disappointed in a DE cigar before, until this one. It was like smoking a stick off a tree in my back yard! I couldn't believe it! - So, as I'm choking this thing down, I decide to read the package; and on the back is this little story about smokey Scotch. I just so happened to have recently gotten a bottle of Laphroaig Triple Wood, and had only had a small glass at that point, and was looking for an excuse to drink some more - so I pours me a snifter. COMPLETELY changes everything! This cigar, which I had struggled to smoke before, suddenly becomes this FANTASTIC smoke!

I would say the first third was a bit earthy, and the middle and second third was more balanced. Matched with the Scotch, it was extraordinary.

I will also say that the Scotch is excellent as well. I recently have gotten two different bottles of Laphroaig's, and they have both been excellent.

At any rate, just a little story, which made me think of this thread, so I thought I'd post it.

2. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Thanks, Echo. A very interesting journey!

3. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    I''m not a cigar smoker - maybe have one a year. But on the subject of stories... I have a good friend who is a member of, shall we say an 'elitist" bunch of cigar smoker. My friend, who does well financially, is currently driving a Porsche Carrera 4s. (in the last two years he's had a GT3, Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Turbo, Audi R8, you get the idea). But whenever he shows up to his cigar club in in Carrera, the guys all bust his balls and ask him "hows that Volkswagen running?". I guess you need to drive a Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari, etc. to be "in" with this group.

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I wonder how many dudes chew? If there are sufficient numbers a little plumbing and ya could run tubing from almost any helmet, faceshield or not, down to one of those gimbaled cups that are usually used for pop cans.

There are other alternatives for those not wishing to invest but they prove to be messy.