CNC Rear-Sets compatible with 85 VF500 ?

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by straycat, Oct 22, 2017.

1. straycat

straycat Member

United States
    Map
    Hi guys, im looking for a set of CNC rear-sets (Brackets, pegs , pedal levers) for my 85 interceptor project.

Anyone know which bike may have a compatible mounting position to the VF500 Interceptor (ie that fit holes on the frame that accept the stock rear set bracket) ?. Lots of aftermarket rearsetsout there, but noting for the VF500, so im looking to find a match

thanks

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Newer looking CNC rearsets don't exist mass produced as far as I know. Tarozzi made rearsets that mounted on the outside of the original brackets and relocated the pegs up and back. Raask also made (make?) rearsets for the 500s that were pretty cool, although I always hated the round folding pegs they came with.

3. straycat

straycat Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks , I figured the newer ones are not made for the VF500, couldnt find any, so I was looking to see if anyone got a newer set from another bike that may fit. For example, the new style CNC ZX6 Kawi rearsets fit the old RZ350's. was hoping for a similar spot of luck with the Interceptor

4. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    With some aluminum plate, you can make some adapter plates easy enough for any rearsets. I haven't came upon any that have the correct spacing for the stock frame tabs.

5. straycat

straycat Member

United States
    Map
    Of course, good point, I may try that. Thanks