Corbin Beetle Bag Hardware, 5TH Gen

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ridnout, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Like to add that it seems there are still Corbin Bags available from Corbin.de. They are in the basement's basement and "on sale". Here's the link (I used google translate) --> http://corbin.de/sonderangebote/sonderangebote.html

Other Honda Models are present too. Cheers.

2. Guoseph

Guoseph New Member

I don't recall off the top of my head but I believe the bags do not come into contact w/ the Frankenbolts but there's very little room to get an allen wrench on the bolt to install or remove it with the bags attached. You can use an allen wrench with a ball tip that allows you to angle the tool and turn the bolt, but a regular allen wrench I don't think fits.

There may be some confusion as to me describing what the "rear cowl" is, I'm talking about the piece that covers the passenger seat, not the piece that wraps around the tail. If you don't have a cowl piece covering the rear seat then you can remove any seat using the regular seat latch, assuming you install the little bracket that attaches the seat release lever to the helmet lock.

3. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Thanks. There wasn't any ambiguity. Seat cowl, passenger cowl, pillion set cover, or rear top cowl, I understood.

Forgive me, I got a sixth gen shortly after the fifth gen in a hopes of learning on it while refreshing (like mods, paint, and maintenance) the fifth. In a nutshell, I am just freaking lost as to why this becomes an issue. I WILL take your word for it, especially as you have purchased a Corbin Smuggler. My fifth is at home home while I'm away at school, new home.

Quite sure you words and future experience will have me swearing; but big thanks for the tip!