Custom Vinyl Decals any hints? Family Crest.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by VaRollOn, Mar 26, 2007.

1. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    I have always wanted to use a coat of arms or family crest on a helmet or fairing, and now have a bike worthy of such treatment and monochromatic red with no graphics!!!. For a helmet it would be painted, and silly expensive, but for the fairing a vinyl cling might work and can be removed instantly.

The crest for Hughes and motto "semper vigilins" "forever vigilant" has always moved me and I'm not a tatoo guy but like unique stuff on bikes.
    I get sick of stuff fast> my wife notwithstanding thank goodness.:washing:

A) Is my idea totally lame? Feel free to let it rip!! :smokin:

B) Any hints on custom vinyl etc...how thick etc.. and should it be highest def possible or medium. will be using hi-def JPEG file i guess.

2. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I say let er' rip, sounds as good as any other idea; I've been wanting to get a tat of mine for a few years but the last one I got I had an allergic reaction to red ink(pain & swelling for almost two years, not cool; was a 9/11 commemerative flag, eagles head, single tear drop w/ a silouette of the towers in the tear drop). Go figure the crest has a lot of red in it, cool motto though "Ik worstel em kom boven" or "I struggle & rise above" is the translation. So putting it on the bike seems doable or maybe I'll get it done in black & grey for a back peice??? might be outgrowing tat's though was a 20's thing have 3 rather large peices & a couple grand invested.

3. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Bones' shout out to Mondovi!!!!! I may be up there pretty soon as one of my last living relatives is in Eau Claire and ailing...

Love your tatoo design. My wife was in the air on the way to NY(15 min out) when the bastards attacked. My parents lived 1/4 mile from Pentagon took pics of it burning that night & I was at sales training 1/2 mile from Pentagon our building shook. Worst day of my life trying to find my wife of one month in the chaos. She made it, some other aquaintences didn't.

I have tried to find good 9/11 patches to put on my coat and can't find any I really like.

Found a company that does vinyl 5 for 25$ think I might try it design looks good and not as expensive as custom. check it out...I think they have glue though...
    http://www.4crests.com/facrcoofarst.html

4. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Well, if you do make it up this way, though the reasoning may be somber get a hold of me & I'll buy you a beer or two, or three what ever.

5. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Nothing would please me more my friend. And a side of fried "cheese puffs" or whatever they call em'!!

Am thinking this whole thing over and the Coat of arms is going to be small, expensive etc... May just suck it up and go with tapeworks big wing kit, its pretty sweet with the shadows...

Just returned from Honda store, synching starter valves and PCIII on April 11th! Honda may cover Synch :drum:

6. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Deep fried cheese curds:tea: :hungry:

Alot of the things I had planned for my old girl keep getting put on the back burner; to much month left over @ the end of my money. Oh' wait thats right I got married last August I don't have any of my money anymore it's our money that I hardly ever get to spend( I did manage to get a good riding jacket finally Joe Rocket Sonic mostly all leather model, was my b'day present 4 weeks late) I'll be lucky if I can get money for a new front tire out of her, much less the paint work, tune up & carb sync.