Dam this bike is HUGE!

Discussion in 'Crosstourer' started by nic579, Sep 26, 2016.

1. nic579

nic579 Member

I was looking one of these over when I was at Hamburg Honda picking up my initial repair quote for the VFR1200F and my thought is that you would need to be 6' or taller to fit on this bike. Seriously huge beast. It is used with next to no miles for sale on consignment if any parties are interested.

2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

You didn't say what bike but I went on their website and assume you're referring to the VFR1200X with 70 miles they have listed? I've sat on one and can confirm they are pretty damn big, at least compared to my 800. I'm 6'2" and it felt way too big for my liking - but if you're used to goldwing/cruisers it probably wouldn't seem that big.

3. Nelix

Nelix Member

I'm 5'5 and very nearly bought one, personally I found it a better fit than the 800.

4. duccmann

duccmann Insider

At 5'5" are you borrowing sow platform shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

Nelix, are we talking about the same bike? At 5'5" you would have to be built like Kermit the freaking Frog to fit on the VFR1200X - lol. I just checked the specs and they list the seat height at 33.5" (compared to 31.0-31.8" on our 8th gens). It's also got a huge wheelbase - listed at 62.8" compared to our 57.4"

Attached Files:

6. Hero Danny

Hero Danny Member

The seat height is 33.5 inches, that doesn't sound very high? Is that incorrect?

7. RVFR

RVFR Insider

^ have you sat on a bike with a 33.5 seat height? most or off road due to suspension needs, Something along the lines of the Africa twin as well.

8. Nelix

Nelix Member

Never that height and yes the same bike. With my gf on the back I was flat footed.
    Sat on two as it did cross my mind the 1st may have had the narrower seat fitted, but other one was the same.
    Only looked at them as I was coming from a ZX10R, but at the end of the day I decided I didn't really need the extra power.