Dave moss tweaks for Stock eighth gen suspension

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by thecat, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I have read threw most of the posts. I am curious to those of us that have the "F"n;-) model, and not the deluxe. What we can do only having adjustments on the rear. I think that most on the "8th generation forum" purchased the Deluxe. I did not do enough research to know that two models existed because I was buying on "Michagans" discount pricing a few month ago of about $6900 U.S and did not think a bike even at its original price of $12,999 would not have both front and rear adjustability. I was barely able to afford the "F" and not the "D". Call me stupid once of course!;-) Can anyone let me know if you have adjusted your "F" Models rear only, and what the result was. Thanks.

Mike D.

2. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

I bought my 2003 Suzuki Sv1000s with both front and rear adjustably for $7.000 and originally $8500 a year later new off the floor. I have never adjusted the suspension on any bike. Call me Stupid Twice! And I really want to learn to ride better knowing that these adjustment add to the comfort, Confidence in riding and making you better and overall love of a bike. Hence the reason that I am on this forum. To get information to be better and love riding even more than I do.

3. VFRWARRIOR

VFRWARRIOR New Member

United States
    I also have the F model. I weigh 160lbs with out gear and 185lbs with full leathers and helmet. I have the spring preload at number 4 and the rebound at 2 turns out from stock. The VFR rides much better thru the bumps and stays planted thru the twisties. I am going to change the fork oil out to 7.5 weight. The stock fork oil is 10wt, hopefully that should help with the damping.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  4. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    From my own experiences I have found that once you've found settings that you like, leave them alone. If you like stock settings, then don't play around with them unless you know what you're doing. I once had a 2003 gsxr1000 which I bought new. I was continually changing the settings because the front end was harsh. Didn't work. I had two suspension shops put in Race Tech rebound and compression valves plus springs. Still harsh. Eventually I gave up and sold the bike. I bought a new 2005 Gsxr1000 which I still have.

I left it on the stock settings for 15 k and it worked fine. Now because it's worn with miles on, it needs work, and i have to fiddle again with the adjustments. A rebuild is in its future.

My vfr750? Love it. Too soft at front end, just stick in 10wt. Rear too soft just increase preload. All done. That's what I like about non adjustable suspension. So little to change. Less chance of screwing up.