dirtbikin'

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by reg71, Feb 13, 2007.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    got another dirt bike ride in this a.m. man the wrist is killing me. it's much more work to ride than i remember. of course it could be the extra 60 lbs or so that i weigh and the extra 30 or so the bike weighs making it seem like work. it could also be that the trails out here are more technical than riding the dirt roads back home, but DAMN it sure is FUN! I am having a blast with the dirtbike. I'm usually getting in at least 1 dirtbike ride and one streetbike ride every week. I sure don't miss MO right now. My uncle just emailed me that they are expecting snow soon. UGH, that's no fun. Oh well, guess I'll just have to suffer through the aches and pains of riding as I'm just not ready to give it up. I'm getting a little better at staying on the bike. No get offs in last two trips, but I'm pretty slow. The downhills really make me nervous and the huge rocks that knock my ass sideways are a litting unnerving at times. I would post some pics of Pozo, but I'm slow enough without stopping for pics... Maybe one day soon, though.

2. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg-- you are an inspiration for those in a snow/sleet storm!

Dirt riding is not for the faint of heart, or for those not wanting to let it rip. I'm very average in dirt as I have a hard time totally gassing it through whatever comes.

My friends are trying to pull me in "be one of us Richie!" No cash for a whole different genre of sport/gear now though. Nice to ride vicariously through others even though its lame...:yo:

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    The more you ride the more you will get used to having to twist the throtttle on and off more. :smile: Glad to hear you are having loads of fun.

4. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    REG, have you cleaned 'ROCK STEPS' yet? I am just intimidated by that section. I haven't ridden POZO for quite sometime, but I really enjoy that area. What dirtbike/s are you curretly riding? I have a '04 CRF250X that I just had to have. Love the 'happy button' and not having to rejet for the high mountain rides. We ride up in the 9000 ft. meadows at Kennedy Meadows area just north of us about an hour and a half away. Keep slidin' the rear tire and have FUN!!!

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    not yet. I ride an 03 yz 450 f. I have heard those 'steps' are the worst part of that trail. my riding buddy has kept me away from them to learn the bike. also, I just got a new rear tire in the mail so I may get it swapped out on Sat and then try them before too long. I'm having wrist pain issues currently because I pushed for an extra ride on a damaged wrist. I may just wrap it and keep on going, though, because that's the kind of guy I am... I can always do the streetbike for a bit to rest, though because it doesn't hurt as much. one way or another I will ride Saturday, though.