Don Guhl re-flash on the 2013 F, yes it is awsome

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by dynajohn, Apr 22, 2014.

1. killerpitou

killerpitou New Member

That's the excuse you use with your wife for justifying the purchase....obviously :courage:
    I've never had a issue with passing in 2nd gear with the stock bike so far, although only owned for about a week now. Unless very low in rpm. And this bike does have crazy long gears. Coming from FZ1 Gen II I still don't realize there are 2 more gears once I'm cruizing on the freeway in 4th....
    I will definitely have the ECU sent to Don as soon as I receive the other "stuff" I need though. A slip-on and cat delete. I got the slip-on from GPR and they have a cat delete pipe as well. I will remove the screen off of the air filter too but haven't heard of an airbox mod on this bike. I will have to check it out myself. Most likely that will be enough to provide the bike with supersport acceleration performance.

2. dynajohn

dynajohn New Member

Map
    When I was experimenting with different combinations on the dyno wringing more HP & TQ out of my 2013 VFR 1200F I tried leaving the air box and inlet snorkels stock with the stock air filter, removing the inlet snorkels with everything else stock, using a stock filter with & without the air box lid , using a K&N filter with & without the air box lid. The stock filter with the sneeze screen removed made the same HP & TQ as the K&N filter. Removal of the air box top or the inlet nozzles made less HP & TQ. I suspect this was because of increased inlet turbulence and a higher inlet air temperature.

One thing I did not try but intend to is insulating the intake air box to reduce inlet temps.

3. dynajohn

dynajohn New Member

Map

4. Riko

Riko New Member

Map
    wow, does the Guhl flash gain 17hp? (173hp stock +17 by new flash) ?

5. Pbanys1200

Pbanys1200 New Member

United States
    Map