Exhaust for my 1200, DAM exhaust

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by dietmar, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dietmar

dietmar New Member

I would buy another exhaust for my 1200, I found DAM exhaust on youtube.
    Does anyone have this exhaust, it looks good!

2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    you got a link for that video?

3. dietmar

dietmar New Member

Hi CandyResRC46,

This is the youtube link : YouTube - VFR 1200F DAM Exhaust Part 1
    I also found a url: DAM EXHAUST Home , there are some pictures on the site also, and I think that there's coming an other movie because this is part 1!
    It's a company here in Belgium, I am going to make a call tommorow.

4. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    pretty good looking exhaust. it shows off the rear wheel quite nicely. im wondering if anyone is ever going to make a full exhaust for the bike.

5. CJ Majesty

CJ Majesty New Member

6. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    when you get your pipe, keep that quite insert away from it! lol

7. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    Best exhaust yet for the 1200!

8. Befbever

Befbever New Member

Dam Exhaust, very well known in dirtbike and Supermoto world. A buddy of mine had custom cans made for his Aprilia Futura 9 years ago. They do a good job. Dam Racing, his brother, is probably the best-connected KTM dealer in the country.
    Eventhough they're in Limburg :biggrin: they know what they're doing.

Btw sounds very similar to my - CE approved - Remus.

9. phobe

phobe New Member

Map
    I like it even better than the Akra. Do they have retailers in the USA or Canada?

10. dietmar

dietmar New Member

I do not think they have distributors in Canada, but they do send everything

11. Alino

Alino New Member

DAM VFR 1200 exhaust

Hi. I just had this DAM on my VFR, had some hours of riding the last week. It really is an improvement for the bike. Sound become deeper and low, bigger and a little higher. I was looking for something sportier but not really different from the original, shorter and higher; the look of it in the bike is great. At low rpm it really helps making the bike more fluid and progressive, ready and costant in accelleration without sensible gaps. Indeed I feel much, much less the infamous 3500rpm 'hole' and the bike is generally a little faster below 4000 (did not tried any real fast ride already, though). I am really happy. I fell in love with this bike after nearly 90.000km, eight fine years with a 2002 VTEC; I never had any special part for that bike. The exhaust WAS the only thing of the new VFR I really didn't like much. I never tried the VFR with Akrapovic or LeoVInce -I do not appriciate how they fit 'old style' in the shiny modern bike's look, though- but this new exhaust is simply an improvement for a great bike I plan to keep for many years ahead.

[​IMG]

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vi0z7b.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  12. CJ Majesty

CJ Majesty New Member

Real Talk! I dont like how they just toss an old school exhaust on every bike. The Akra, leo, & 2 brothers systems don't really flow with the lines of the bike

13. nik08

nik08 New Member

I just bought the DCT which I should pick up in a couple of days and I am in the same boat....I love the look and feel of everything but that horrible exhaust. I have researched all options and the DAM is the most impressive looking and sounding exhaust and I want it right away. I live in the USA. Does anyone know the cost for the DAM (its not on their site) and if they would ship it to the USA? Also, are there both full exhaust options or just slip on's for DAM (and price for each). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    NIK

14. CJ Majesty

CJ Majesty New Member

Is there Gonna be a map for the PC V.

15. Bad VFR

Bad VFR New Member

HI Folks, you can order the slipon directly from Dam in polished or mat. Send them an email and they will then send you an order form, then direct deposit into there account. Price is around 411 Euro. They make custom exhaust so they may make a full system.

Regards Bad VFR

16. Alino

Alino New Member

Nick08, I cannot but reccomend you this DAM exhaust. As Bad stated I payed 411 + 65 shipping for Italy. This is the best looking one for me; sure it is the less expensive available (akrapovic is near the double price). Mr.Damiaens (David Damiaens david@damexhaust.com) told me the piece will be more pricey as sooon as the expensive european Street Legal validation -still pending- will end.
    I had now 4000km with my VFR and it; virile sound and esthetics aside it really improves this awesome bike, the engine breathes, it is sportier and smoother at low rpm... I am totally satisfied.

17. nik08

nik08 New Member

Alino,
    thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Something very strange happened to me. When I initially saw the stock exhaust in pictures, I thought it was hoorible. I rode the bike home and took a closer look at it and I am not bothered by it. In fact, I think I like it? I don't know what happened but it just looks very different in person. Its bulkiness flows with the bulky lines of the bike. It would look horrible on any other bike because no other bike has the bulky robust lines of this VFR. I looked at it from the back, side etc and it just seems to flow with the bike and now I cannot imagine the bike without it. Go figure! I would have never thought this if I had not seen it in person and took time to really study it in detail. I think I am going to stick with the stock exhaust for now. If I need more with regards to performance, I'm going for the DAM. Money is not an issue but it looks like DAM was the only company who tried develop an exhaust to flow with the unique lines of this VFR. All others (Akrapovic, two brothers etc) just put the same canister looking pipe on that they do with all other bikes and their lines are totally different from this VFR so it just looks out of place in my mind and not right on that bike.
    Exhaust aside, I cannot belive how much I am in love with this bike. I found my soul mate. I am just breaking it in and only have about 150 miles on it and can't wait to see how this bike responds to full throttle later. Its grunt just lets me know that it has a lot of power on tap waiting to be used. Joy and Bliss are the words I can use to describe this VFR!

18. nik08

nik08 New Member

Thank you very much for the information BAD. This will come in handy if I need to upgrade on performance!

19. Bad VFR

Bad VFR New Member

Hey Nik, have you seen the carbon covers you can get out of the States for the standard system (very posh I must say and only $179US).

Regards Bad VFR

20. nik08

nik08 New Member

Hey BAD...I have not seen them and could not find them. Do you have a link? Also, I actually ordered the DAM exhaust which should arrive in 3 weeks or so. I am also set to get the K & N air filter and power commander to dial this baby in right. I just got good news from Bazzaz and the z bomb will be fixing the lag time in first and second gear for only $65US by tricking the bike into thinking its in 3rd gear so it pulls right through 1st and second. The downside is that it will be ready in like 15 weeks :(