Exhaust for my 1200, DAM exhaust

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by dietmar, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Cafox

Cafox New Member

Same here, it is all up to the owner of the bike. Hope that FedEx guy comes soon so you can get out and enjoy your bike.
    Ride safe

2. cornerexit

cornerexit New Member

Still like the MIVV the best on this bike (I bought my leo vince before I found the MIVV). PJ Parts is carrying them now............

3. greybeard

greybeard New Member

Map
    Kudos to crazybrother for the excellent pictures. Wow, I guess David is doing great business; prices are going up. Mine was purchased last spring for 650.00 to my door in the U.S. Very nice work, if it your cup of tea. Likes- exhaust and pipe are one unit, no separate connector pipe, quality polished stainless steel, fairly unique. Enjoy your choice, that's all that matters!

4. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Hi Cafox,

Long time. Sorry guys. Been busy. Cafox did you finally get the ''Dam'' pipe? If yes, let me know how that went. Service, delivery and if you installed it.....

Thanks,

VFR Kid,

5. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Dangerous Dave,

Thanks for the option of the ''GPR Ti slip-on'' which is pretty nice as well. Never saw that one. But looking at the pictures on Ebay, which is $490.00 US. The algle looks high. Do you know if it fits with the saddles? Cause seems close.

Later guys,

VFR Kid,

6. Cafox

Cafox New Member

I did get the pipe, I think they were backed up a bit when I ordered mine because it took a while to get it. Everything else was smooth. When my mechanic put the pipe on, he told me the bike needed a power commander because it was popping. So I had him install the Power Commander, K&N air intake, Iridium Plugs, and the reusable oil filter. After he was done he told me to be careful because it was much faster. Faster was an understatement, it is now a beast. The first and second sluggish feeling is gone and it is so much smoother. It took me almost two weeks to get use to all the extra power and thank god is has traction control when taking off from lights in the painted areas because it has activated a lot since. I just did a 140 mile ride on VFR today and I love the upgrades. My male friends say they if they didn't know me they would not believe I am a female rider the way I ride VFR, one guy is mad because he can't out run me. Still trying to get money issues cleared up to paint VFR, but it is coming soon.

7. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Oh wow. Can you get a picture for me. I'd love to see it. What's the angle on it? Cause I bought saddles and just don't want the pipe to hit the saddle. Your lucky you road. I'm in the snow here. :(( Can't wait to jump on it. Bought mine in October and only did 700km with it before winter came. So can you imagine how anctions I am? Would it be to personnal to ask you how much it cost you in total for the pipe, transport and all.

I just finished paying my saddles I bought from the UK. I was amazed how much I saved. I don't rememkber who on this site gave me the tip to buy from ''David'' in the UK, But wow. Great service, fast delivery and everything went great. For the ''Dam'' pipe. What scares me is the don't seem to have a good transaction set up.

Anyways. I'll wait for your anwser. Again. Thanks to everyone on this site. Realy cool that we can help each other out.

Later Cafox. :)

8. Cafox

Cafox New Member

I ordered the decibel slip in so it was $690, then I didn't like it. I have been having trouble loading pictures on here. Look for me on Facebook and send me a friend request, there is a good picture of my bike. Nikki Weatherford

9. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Ok. This will look stupid. But I don't have facebook. I know I'm like the only one. But don't like that kind of site. Putting you life on ther. Not my style. I respect it, but just don't like it. Sorry Fox.

10. Kklein11

Kklein11 New Member

I love my Dam exhaust Ion my 2010 gen 7. Many of my riding friends say it's the best sounding bike at idle that they have heard. It also looks awesome and doesn't interfere with side bags if you have them. The best is when you are cruising at a constant speed through town. The V4 has a rhythm that I've never heard before and the Dam exhaust makes it sound sweet.

11. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

Hey Kklein11,

Did you say Dam exhaust Ion? Does Ioncompany have anything to do with these now?

Where did you get yours? Same as the others? Do you have a pic that you can show me. It realy interest me. Money use to be an issue, but now, if I have to pay $1000 for it. Let it be so. Simply want to do it right. Cause ordering from that place, seems very complicated and not safe. They look badly organized to be honest.

Just don't want to get screwed. And ''Fox'' had to order other parts. I want to order the right stuff without any complications. I use to have ''Ducati'' bikes. And just love the noise. Oh wow. So the pipe on My VFR needs to be special like you explained.

I don't want getting to by one that sounds like a freakin fly in a can.

Later guys, Appreciate the follow up.

12. VFR Kid

VFR Kid New Member

I now ordered a new bench from ''Corbin'' in the US. Cause the original is to slipper for me. Carbon leather baby. Can't wait to see and get that. Wow.With Red Welt all around. This will nice. Just missing my pipe now. Cause the original makes me think of the movie ''Judge Dredd''. lol.