Exhausts

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by pbg07, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    You won't have to worry about shifting the power band with a slip on.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

2. rystew08

rystew08 New Member

How does it sound? It looks great!! Is it much louder than stock? Hope so!

3. genesis563

genesis563 New Member

So i know the two brothers s1r exhaust comes in two versions. One for mounting OEM hard bags and one for without them. Anyone know, from their experience, if there are any other exhausts that could interfere with the OEM bags and if going with a set of aftermarket (GIVI) hard bags avoid the issue either way?

4. Wulf

Wulf New Member

Australia
    DSC_0109.jpg DSC_0110.jpg DSC_0111.jpg

Just hooked up a Delkevic 17" Tri Oval carbon, removed the sound baffle and I'm in love. A much lower rumble at idle but the familiar bark when you get up in the revs. Not obnoxiously loud but definitely more noticeable and looks waaaaaaay better than that stock monstrosity

5. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    WHen adding these slip-ons do i need to get any tuning done for the fuel or no?

6. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    There is no generic rule for this, unfortunately. In terms of "mandatory" fueling, many but not all of the slip-on manufacturers state that fueling alteration is not required. What muffler do you have or plan on getting? Does the manufacturer of your muffler make a recommendation for the 2014 VFR800? That would be the best advice to follow.

Usually, only if the OEM muffler is overly restrictive does the aftermarket muffler alter the rate of the exhaust pulses. Which I am ignorant of in this case. The aftermarket maker's recommendation should reflect this though.

Realize that the slip-on is primarily a visual and audio improvement. If you wanted to add power to your bike, a fuel controller would definitely do that as the bikes are programmed extremely lean from the factory. However the fuel controllers are getting silly expensive, knowing that they have us motorcyclists over a barrel. They are not a particularly good value, and all of this boils down to personal choice.

7. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Who has the Delkevic mini 8" slip on. I forget and I am about to try to put mine on. I have the stainless steel version. Does anyone else have this besides the carbon fiber pipe? It will be in the 50-60's soon in Utah and I am looking for some feedback and tricks if nessasary. I was not so successful with the tail tidy!;-) I seem to be ok with metal, but plastic and metal and me don't so well. so let me know. Thanks

Mike D.

8. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Just another opinion but I don't think there is a "best" slip on for the 8th gen. I have a 14" Delkevic and I see nothing at all wrong with it. I could care less about "bad ass" sound because the bike is what it is. I wanted to lose the weight of the stock muffler and hoped for better power. It did both. The OEM can restricts and affects the 8th gen. at lower rpm's. Having owned other generations, I suspected this was the case. In lower speed turns in lower gears the slip on will let the bike accell. back up to higher rpms much quicker. I was suspect of the quality of the Delkivic but am pleasantly surprised. I see no need to spend more unless the looks of something else is of value TO YOU.

9. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    That's an understatement. Even the bugs stay away from the front end as they just move over while looking in awe at the beauty of the bike. Really, not kidding......

10. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    That is true of most bugs. However, spiders are actually attracted to the front end - I had one latch on and refuse to let go :glee: For the OP, you can also hear my Delk mini carbon exhaust, sans baffle, in this vid. I love the way it sounds, but it is VERY loud. When my son heard it for the first time he said it was so loud it would make a nun swear - LOL. It adds 2.96 hp according to the dyno chart on Delk's website and it cuts just over 7 pounds of weight compared to stock exhaust per my own measurements.

[video=youtube;e3lt9GtInk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lt9GtInk0&t=8s[/video]

11. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    I have it Bubba, don't worry, if I can do it you can do it. It was very easy to install, just look at Nelix's install tutorial thread and he explains everything you need to know. Nelix has the stubby but it's the exact same install as the mini.

Link to Nelix's install tutorial:
    http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthre...Oval-Carbon-Fibre-Silencer-install-on-8th-gen

12. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I like the looks of the DAM, not radically different than stock, not a fan of the CF look. Waiting for the Dollar & the Euro to get to par this summer.
    [​IMG]

13. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    I went with this from Delkevic: I needed to confirm that the new exhaust didn't interfere at all with the OEM panniers...

product5149_3.jpg

14. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    It looks so much better with a short slipon!!!

15. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Bubba, I have the shorty but I didn't install it - it came with the bike. I can take pictures if you need any...

16. VFRWARRIOR

VFRWARRIOR New Member

United States

Attached Files:

17. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    VFRWARRIOR, that's one badass pipe-
    Winner winner chicken dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. pgeller

pgeller New Member

20170319_203511486_iOS.jpg View attachment 41697

I went with the DAM. I love the shape and stubby profile. Fits great with the bags. Sounds like a big block chevy, nice and rich but not offensive with the silencer installed. It's beautifully built as well. At $475 euro delivered to the states, its a bargain.

pg

19. J800VFR

J800VFR New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I currently have an aluminium Remus Revolution on stainless steel pipes, but am about to swap the exhaust for a Remus Grand Prix carbon fibre with high level connector pipe on my 2000 FiX.

The Remus is noticeably louder and throatier than the original pipe and also a lot lighter.

20. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    No Samuel, I thought that I posted my mini Delkevlic stanless. Here it is for all. I really like the stainless can.

IMG_0131.jpg