Fairings for a 2006 VFR 800 ABS

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by RhINO, Aug 11, 2017.

1. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    My bike was hit while parked yesterday and some fairings got pretty badly messed up so I've started looking for what there's out there to buy. Is there any difference between the ABS version and the non ABS version when it comes to fairings? Are the front fenders any different for example?
    The reason I'm asking is that I found a kit on ebay for $400 which says it won't fit an ABS bike.

cheers

/R

2. VFRNut

VFRNut New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to hear about your accident. I have a 2007 VFR800A, which has ABS. just bought a complete set of fairings for my bike and I would highly recommend them to anyone. First class fit and finish. They use virgin ABS and their injection molds are spot on. The left black inner cover (near the steering area) has a port to install a cigarette lighter as well. I got my whole set plus extras (tank sticker, small piece of heat shield, new windshield) for $475!!! They will even do custom paint jobs if you ask. Make sure to ask for the cowl and tank cover to be included. Go to https://www.aliexpress.com/store/406178.

I also purchased a complete bolt kit on ebay. I covered the inside of the rear and side fairings with ISC aluminum racers tape (rated at 300 degrees). There were a few broken pieces in transit that I was able to repair (using my 3D printer and Fiber Fix Total Repair) and the tank cover started to split on the seam (also filled with Fiber Fix Total Repair), but the seat covers the split. Just make sure to sand the inside of the tank cover so it is smooth before putting it on the tank. I don't mean that you need to sand the plastic that holds the two halves of the tank cover together to be smooth, but there may be little plastic blobs and burs that will scratch your tank and act like spacers elsewhere on the inside of the tank cover.

I had no one to consult on the purchase and I felt like I was rolling the dice, but you can just contact me and I am happy to answer any questions you have about this seller's product. A final note about Chinese fairings...they are not all created equal. There were some cheap Chinese fairings on my bike when I bought it that were so bad I was honestly scared that is what I would end up with when I bought these. I am glad that I got a good product. They are the slightest bit heavier than the stock fairings but very good quality. I had another VFR owner looking at them in awe before I put them on. My friends with BMW bikes were not only blown away by the quality, but I could tell they were sad that this seller didn't make fairing kits for their bikes. I guess it pays to have such a popular bike.

As for the picture, the seat wasn't all the way down and locked when I took the picture so don't let that throw you...I also included pictures of the parts that were damaged on arrival (all repaired). Hopefully, you won't have issues, but I am not terribly lucky.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    RhINO likes this.
  3. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    Thanks VFRNut, I might contact you in the future. Got in touch with the shop today and the insurance company will pay for the replacement fairings so it's just a matter of time to get them to Sweden (and I quote "you know your bike isn't quite the latest model so these fairings aren't in stock in Sweden").
    Sort of missing my bike though :(

/R

4. VFRNut

VFRNut New Member

United States
    Map
    How much do OEM replacement fairings cost for our bikes?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

5. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    I'll ask when I get the bike, I haven't the faintest ATM

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

6. RhINO

RhINO New Member

Sweden
    Map
    This is madness. They replaced the front fairing (around the lights) and the front fender and those two costs roughly €750 and €160 plus VAT (25%)... Those two plus the stuff that holds them in place were fixed, I "only" had to pay the deductible at €250... Very nice person who bumped my bike :(

/R