Front brake issue, driving me crazy!!! vfr800 vtec abs.

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by veryfastrene, Sep 22, 2013.

1. veryfastrene

veryfastrene New Member

Hi guys, have not been on the forum for ages, my apologies,but here goes. I have recently had a strange pulsing sensation in my front brakes when engaging only the front brake lever. When only engaging the rear brake i have no issues. Just before coming to a standstill at a traffic light, from about 15 mph to standstill ( only applying front brake) it feels like i am squeezing and letting go of the front brake! but i am not? My front brakes basically bite,let go,bite,let go? This "pulsing is hardly noticeable in the brake lever. Brake fluid has been replaced,brake pads front and rear replaced with carbone lorraine pads,caliper pitons front and rear checked for ease of movement, secondary brake master cilinde has been re-done and properly bled, "buttons "on front rotors all grit free and loose,and finally,original front brake rotors (done 25 000 miles) are still within factory "warped/bent" specs. Two new Michelin pilot 3 tires fitted(brilliant in wet weather by the way) and no run-out on my front wheel.So please, what in gods name is not being diagnosed here ????? Any advice or help will make my year. Also had the front forks re-built. Thank guys, will post soon again.

2. YAUGURU

YAUGURU New Member

That's a typical bent rotor sensation, you said that rotors are measured as good, but.. who knows, didn't you received a hit in one the rotor?.
    Other cause to bent it can be after a extreme braking, (really hot discs) you pass through a puddle and wet the rotors, that produces deformations

That feeling is typical of that, remember that only one rotor can cause that, not necessarily have to have both rotors bad, with only one it's enough to do the pulse braking at low speed, surely if you brake @ 60 miles nothing happens right? .

Finally to confirm that, are the "pulses", synch with the wheel rotation?.. if yes you have a bent disc.

good luck

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Have you put her on the stand and check? Rotate the wheel while on the center stand to see how the caliper and the rotor work and check for binding or warp. Does your have ABS?

4. veryfastrene

veryfastrene New Member

Thanks for the replies so far guys. Front wheel runs smooth and true lifted from the ground, no resistance, no funny sounds and no binding. Wheel bearings also replaced, forgot about them. I'm starting to seriously consider a problem in the direction of ABS ? What could cause a low speed pulsing besides warped discs ?

5. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Turn off your ABS and test ride the bike to see if the problem go away