Fuel pipe problem?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Guest, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Guys,

I noticed for a while now that I had no power between 1500 and 4500 RPM. After I got attacked by a RAT eating my wiring system I thought that that might have been it. But no! What I did do while reparing the wiring, I opened the Tank.
    After re-examening I found out that the 2 tubes from the front of the fuel tank where stuck the Tank and the top of the airfilter. I clipped them in to the site. During a test ride I noticed that I gained all my power back in the lower RPM. Especially at 3000 RPM (looks like a lite turbo!
    My question is: What are these tubes for?!

2. HispanicSlammer

HispanicSlammer New Member

United States
    Map
    Thore are 2 extra tubes besides the fuel and fuel return lines,  One is the overflow tube, if you overfill your tank the runnoff drains down holes in well next to the gas cap, it runs off down to the ground, make sure that tube is connected and not blocked, you dont want gas streaming over a hot engine.

the other tube is the fuel tank venting tube, used equalize the pressure in the tank with the outside air, when it gets blocked a vacume is created in your gas tank and the fuel pump has to really work hard to pump fuel, when you fixed it the fuel pump was able to work freely.