Ghost Rider

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by WhiteKnight, Feb 17, 2007.

1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    For those who have not seen Ghost Rider yet, I highley recommend it. I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was a great movie. To me, it was well done (was that a pun?). Nicholas Cage and Sam Elliot do a wonderful job as does Peter Fonda and Eva Mendez (who is hot anyway). I belive this is a must see movie. Makes me wana ride, but there is snow on the ground here and I still need to do some work to the viffer.:flame:

2. Brit

Brit New Member

VMAN

Thanks for the good word. I wanted to see the movie but was not sure if it would be good.

Brit

3. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Saw it last night because I had to(its got a motorcycle in it:biggrin: ) & have to admit I was expecting a flop but came away impressed the wife also enjoyed it. There is one seen where Cage & Elliot are riding together as Ghost Riders which is a very cool a modern rendition of David Mann's Ghost Rider painting. As soon as I find a screen shot of that scene it will become my new screen saver.

4. mordred

mordred New Member

WOW, I and four others thought it was the worst movie ever. Cage only makes great movies or flops, this is the later and time will show that I'm correct.

5. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I heard the movie was one of the worst ever, but I still want to see for myself even though it looks kind of cheesy. You cannot trust what those movie critics say sometimes. I will have to wait till it comes out on DVD however because the wife would not agree to go see it. I still need to see "The World's Fastest Indian" too.

6. im944

im944 New Member

Map
    Highly recommend the World's Fastest Indian. I thought Ghost Rider looks like it is going to be a flopp, but the fact that some people liked it almost makes me want to see it. I'll probably wait til it comes out on video. Possible 50 degrees in Indiana this week. Haven't started the VFR in a month or so, hope she'll start.

7. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map

Ghost Rider can't hold a candle to the World's Fastest Indian which is definetly a great movie. But it is like comparing apples & oranges, they are very different movies. Ghost Rider isn't a bad way to spend $8 & an 1 1/2 of your time especially in the winter time. The fact that my wife liked it sold me on the entertainment value of the movie; as this was the first non chick flick movie I've ever taken her too. As long as we're talking motorcycle theme'd movies has any watched the Motorcycle Diaries I've seen alot of preveiws for it lately & just wanted to know if it was worth watching?

8. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    The Motorcycle diaries is not a genuine motorcycle movie as much as a early portrait of young "Che Guevara" the same murdering communist that helped Castro in the revolution. A lot of historians say if he held the Presidente title of Cuba instead of Castro, it would be a totally different country today.

But I liked the movie. Beautiful scenery, two young friends on a trip of a lifetime, The cinematography is beautiful, but it is subtitled and diffently a movie not for everyone...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  9. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    I saw ghost rider last night too. I think if you go in with the mind set that it's a movie based on a comic book it's not bad. I thought it was all right but my son (13) and his two buddies thought it was great and want to buy the DVD. I like movies like that and I'm looking froward to Spiderman 3 and the new Fantastic 4. As a side note, we saw a trailer for a movie called shooter that looks good. It's based on a book called Point of Impact. If it follows the book it should be great.

10. mordred

mordred New Member

In my opinion that only two motorcycle movies that are great are The Long Way Round and the Worlds fastest Indian. Both want to make you ride and see the world. I've also heard Faster is great too but have yet to see it.

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Have you seen Easyrider?

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'm glad to see that a few of you guys liked Ghostrider as I have been wanting to see that. I didn't realize Fonda was in it. No Jack Nicholson though, eh? I may try to catch the matinee tomorrow.

13. CaptainBart

CaptainBart New Member

Motorcycle Movie!

On Any Sunday. Those who came up in the dirt understand.

14. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    If you need a Jack fix check out "The Departed" :thumb:

15. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

I'm glad you mentioned it. It has been a long time so that sounds like a good rental for tonight. I can't wait....

16. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'll have to check the trailer for that one. I can't remember what it's about. I'm also into that new Road to Taribithea. I like fantasy and that one looks cool. I also wanted to see Pan's Labyrinth but haven't made it yet. I'm getting behind on current movies but catching up on videos.

17. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    I thought On Any Sunday and Easyrider were the only real bike movies....and that one with Brando The Wild One! I'll give Ghost a DVD shot... thanks Vinnie!

and less we piss off Bubba Zenetti we can't forget Mad Max...the chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel..it'll take 10 minutes for you to hack through it with this(tosses hacksaw)...if you're lucky you can...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  18. pm_wizard

pm_wizard New Member

Map
    of course as has been gently hinted at above, Eva Mendez is very "distracting". I went to see Ghost Rider last night with my 22 year old son. He is a comic book freak, and explained all of the differences to me. However we both agreed that Eva is worth watching!

John

19. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    VaRollOn

"See you on the road scag!"
    -The Goose

Thanks for the recognition! LOL! :biggrin:

20. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    This is a great subject!

Vman, thanks for the Ghostrider review. I;ll have to rent it when it comes out since I have an 8 moth old son who's attention is hard to keep LOL!

Worlds Fastest Indian is awesome! The documentary "Faster" is a must see for those who have not and my huge recommendation to you all is a little DVD called "The Road Racers and V-Four Victory"

You can order it on www.amazon.com and it is woth every penny, especially if you own a VFR.

The Road Racers follows the Irish TT series with a young Joey Dunlop! Great Bike racing shots and history!

V-Four Victory is Joey on his V-Four, with a camera, blasting around the Isle of Mann. Smokin footage, and it shows what a talent he really was! He passes other racers like nothing! My none riding friends who have seen it grab the sides of their chairs at times he is moving so quick! I put it up their with "On Any Sunday"!!!!

BZ