Givi Touring Screen

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by gordyp, May 19, 2017.

1. gordyp

gordyp Member

Was doing some tidying up of the bike and decided to renew the screen. Was previously running the Honda touring screen, replaced with the Givi. It's a little higher and has a slight spoiler at the top, certainly reduces buffeting and makes for a much more relaxed commute! I think it looks pretty good too.

Love this bike, she's been mine for three years and love it more all the time![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. projectalpha

projectalpha New Member

Looks good. I was planning on getting that one. Is that the tallest screen sold to date?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

3. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Well-Known Member

I had the Givi Touring screen on my last 6th gen ... on my current one I went with the MRA Vario Touring screen and love it even more.

4. gordyp

gordyp Member

Wouldn't really want it taller, no need, this keeps you right out the wind apart from your head.

It was a toss up between this and the Vario, only chose this as it was a bit cheaper.

5. Jeff_Barrett

Depends on how tall you are, and how you have your bike setup. ;)

I'm 6'0" and have helibars ... I want the extended height on the screen when I'm at interstate speeds on windy days.

6. gordyp

gordyp Member

True Jeff, I'm a shorty at 5'10" and have kept the stock bars. Like you I like the extra protection, my commute is 25 miles at mainly motorway speeds. Albeit the first bit is lovely, a jaunt along the Gareloch with the odd nuclear submarine for company, then a scoot along the bottom of Loch Lomond. It's a nice start to the day!

7. Jeff_Barrett

That sounds wonderful ... my daily commute is about 60km in each direction ... though most of my miles are put on traveling.

Living on the open prairies, we get a lot of wind, so the extra adjustable foil on the top of the windscreen is very useful to have. Last year I put on about 35,000 km's in travel. ;)