GPS speed limit alarm or warning light (Besides a smart phone, does such a device exist?)

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by mhzpower, Sep 8, 2016.

1. mhzpower

mhzpower New Member

Brunei Darussalam
    Map
    Hi Guys,
    I've been away from M/C riding for about 8 years, so I might be a little rusty with the speed control.

Does anyone know of a GPS driven speed limit warning light or audible/bluetooth device? Something that can be set and warns you if you are exceeding a set limit.

I have found many phone apps that would do this, but I was looking for a hardwired type that I don't need to rely on my phone for.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Why not use your speedo and your wrist?
    Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    I'm sure your local law enforcement chappies would be happy to let you know when your speed is excessive through the use of an audible alarm, flashing light and they'll even put it in writing fo!r you

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I know two of my Garmin units, one which I just purchased to replace one that pooped out while on vacation, have the option of showing your speed on the map screen. It will show the known speed limit in black while your GPS speed is displayed in black so long as you are at or under the speed limit. When you exceed the speed limit, the numbers show in red. I don't know if there is an audible option to this. I wouldn't be surprised if there was seeing as there is audible directions on the device.

Now to get an audible warning devise to be heard in your helmet if the GPS has one would require you to have some sort of blue tooth or hard wired communications device for your helmet such as Sena.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    The question, once which GPS units do all that is, do ya pay attention and comply or just blow it off and hope the LEO's don't nail ya. Audio is on most GPS units but how well that works on a bike at speed is iffy.

Maybe a more efficient fix for riders would be a pad for the seat that delivers a low voltage AC shock when some miscreant other than everyone here who we know are never ever beyond the posted limit at any time.

A variable voltage model would have to be developed for harleydoods who are by nature slow to respond and limited to much more than the double nickel.

6. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    I don't need a black box to tell me where to go, how to get there, and how slow to go. :eek:nthego:

7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Well if ya think about it, thinkin MHZ must be of the younger techno crowd
    (not a put down) and like everyone these days rely solely on technology to do just about everything these days. Bet ya if ya ask what so and so phone number is, they would have to chk there phone--- remember remembering all your friend numbers, not anymore . So that's JMO and like I said look at your speedo--- shit I constantly look at mine just like checking my mirrors but that's just me.

8. mhzpower

mhzpower New Member

Brunei Darussalam
    Map
    Well I am probably in the younger percentage for the VFR crowd. But I'm not a big GPS fan unless it's for backup directions.

The way I see it, having an audible alarm is just one way to keep my eyes on the important stuff.

If a gps or phone are the only options, I'll just have to skate around the distracted driving laws and play with the techie stuff.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

9. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    PM Lint, he uploaded a gps speedo on my last phone, maybe it has a setting to warn you threw Bluetooth, do you have a Cardo?