Gun stuff

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Bubba Zanetti, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Hey dlman! Love your AK avatar!

BZ

2. dlman

dlman New Member

Thanks I love this forum and wanted to use my favorite avatar in it. The administrator was really good working with me to get it going.

3. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    What model do you have?

I have a Maadi with the 20" barrel. It's pretty accurate, and has been extremely reliable. I have put about 15,000 rounds through it.

BZ

4. dlman

dlman New Member

I have several actually.
    AMD-63,65 The 65 is a pistol with the 12" barrel
    WASR-10 This one has a scope mount and if I load my own rounds it get 2" moa at 100 yds.
    Romanian G model. Still dialing it in.
    Tantal Kit in 5.45mm very best one that I made it is as good as my AR with the 20" free floated bull barrel.

I am somewhat of a guru on the AK. I haven't mentioned it in the forum because I know a lot of people are in countrys that don't trust people with guns.

5. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Ahh! Another AK lover! Well I must say it is nice to meet someone who "understands" what a classic firearm the AK really is!

I have been toying with the idea of picking up one in 5.45mm, but I don't know anyone who has one and I'd love your opinion on yours! My other AK buddies live in PA, and theirs are all Class III. I moved out of PA and Delaware does not allow Class III, so I have the semi-auto version. Besides, class III guns have gotten hughly expensive. They got into it when a working man could still afford one!

So you AK-74 is as good as your AR, eh? That's impressive in the accuracy department. What is the round itself like? (i.e recoil? Hitting power, etc.)

Your WASR-10 is similar in accuracy to my Maadi. I fired A WASR at a big shoot I used to attend, and I liked it. I like the pistol too, but I would like it with the pistol grip stock so it is more of an "entry gun".

One thing I started to pick up is 40 round clips. You can find them at pretty good prices (15-20 bucks) and they are not much more than 30 rounders. Also, I have seen some East German steel 30 round mags come over in 5.45. Price was a bit high (25.00 each) but better than the Baklites that you normally see. Let me know your thoughts!

Sorry Reg! I know your thread is about something different, but like the VFR and its owners flock together, it's similar with us AK owners too!

BZ

6. dlman

dlman New Member

I know BZ we totally just highjacked his thread. I started a thread about shooting in the mountains here
    If you want to take it there to discuss everything that goes bang.
    However, The AKs that I have are not stock by any means. I have had to dial them in a lot to get them right. All the AK's I have cept one are made from a kit. I bought the WASR-10 before the ban ended and after it ended I threaded the barrel for an AK-74 muzzle break. It reduced the kick from wolf ammo and is more managable to shoot. The Tantel has no kick at all its as easy to find mags for as the AK and it has a longer bullet than the .223 but they are similar balisticlly. No kick really. Not as light as the AR but close.
    There is a sale at sportmansguide.com on AK mags 12 magazines for 70 dollars with the buyers club and a coupon you could get them down to $7 a mag. I have bought 24 over the last few months and with the 15 I already had I find it hard to keep them all loaded.